418     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 553     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 461     0 

How Many Types of Investment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see the numbers on that one Grace.

Sorry it's been a while. Here are the numbers from a recent Upper Beach sale...

Sale Price: $531k

Income: $38,940 ($700/$895/$1650)
Expenses: $8,876 ($4,260 Util, $1,460 Ins, $3,156 Tax)
NOI: $30,064

Cap: 5.66%

But you're right, I don't have management, vacancies or maintenance included in those numbers. Most buyers of these buildings that I meet self manage, and the properties like this that I've sold literally have 0 vacancy (the last one had 1 month vacant amongst 5 units over 10 years). Perhaps a maintenance figure should be assumed - what would you suggest for a yearly maintenance assumption as a rule of thumb?

It depends on how much money will you invest and how you will take the risk on investing something because not all business are always good, best know the market strategy.

Real estate is the best investment for a persons to make, I have lota nowledge about this and can help you make smart investment that is your home.

Contact Me to be with the best

If you now better investment please tell me lol. I own 5 properties and no mutual funds, stocks, etc and while my gain others are losers.

Come Be with the best!

Look at the markets today, they are unstable while investment properties keep making the $$$$$. In 10 years my 5 propeties just increases (appretiation) in value are over 750K and 4 of them are rented out the 5th my primary. Also I run home bus and make lots of claims for evertything. If im to cash out all 4 properties i have 1.6million minus outstanding mortgages etc will leave me just over 800k, whil others rrsp are equal to garbage and you cannot cash them out early, mutual funds have gone down the drain, stocks are not doing too good.

So this is common sesne, investment properties is the way to go!
Wanna invest take my advise!

Forget the rest be with the best!

Look at the markets today, they are unstable while investment properties keep making the $$$$$. In 10 years my 5 propeties just increases (appretiation) in value are over 750K and 4 of them are rented out the 5th my primary. Also I run home bus and make lots of claims for evertything. If im to cash out all 4 properties i have 1.6million minus outstanding mortgages etc will leave me just over 800k, whil others rrsp are equal to garbage and you cannot cash them out early, mutual funds have gone down the drain, stocks are not doing too good.

So this is common sesne, investment properties is the way to go!
Wanna invest take my advise!

Forget the rest be with the best!

and what has happened with CMHC and monetary policies in the last 10 years ... ?!?!?

CMHC policies are to protect the consumer and the market dont forget that, if you dont agree cdr then put your money in the stock market it seem to be doing real good right now lol

Come be with the best!

CMHC policies are to protect the consumer and the market dont forget that, if you dont agree cdr then put your money in the stock market it seem to be doing real good right now lol

Come be with the best!

you obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about.

CMHCs rules for providing insurance have diminished dramatically over the past 15 years:
* lower of down payments;
* extension of CMHC insurance beyond first time buyers;
* eliminated the ceiling that CMHC would cover;
* lowered the minimum down payment to qualify for CMHC insurance;
* increased the amortization that qualified for CMHC insurance from 25 to 40 years;

and much much more but as a professional realtor, you should be knowledgeable about it.

BofC has steadily decreased their overnight lending rate since the early 1990s, and slashed it to 0.25% due to a perceived emergency in Canada that wasn't necessary.

the fact that you made money in R/E in the past 10 years is dumb luck.
frankly a monkey with a plot of land anywhere in Canada would have done the same.

btw, i didn't mention anything about investing in the stock market.
both the R/E and stock markets are heading into bear territory.

Last edited:
I agree with them. in investing money, expect risks. some kind of investment which is popular nowadays and in demand is real estate investment. You can invest in currencies and gold as well.

I agree with you, but your risks can be cut in real estate if you use a proffessional Realtor who have inside nowledge. No matter what you can make money just have to be smart. Right now is the best time to invest in realestates as rates are going to stay low for a whiles. Also as you say gold is always good as are the natural resource like minning companies etc.

Forget the rest come be with the best!

I do now what im talking about, its my proffesion thanks, im aware of CMHC policies, so what?

and what might that be ... a realtor, mortgage broker, financial analyst ?!?

edit: oops, i forgot you're the realtor that can't spell.
i bet you haven't more than 10 years experience because any seasoned honest R/E agent/broker knows we are in dangerous territory.

Last edited:
Different type of people like to invest money in different field. According to me real estate investment is very beneficial and great for everyone. Its easiest way to earn huge income and profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back