News   Jul 22, 2024
 617     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 639     0 

Harper Proroguing Parliament again

Who cares about Facebook? This is the most ridiculous form of protest, it takes so little investment of time or effort, and besides 20,000 supporters out of 30+ million Canadians is pretty weak.

a. Not everyone is on Facebook.
b. Not all Canadians are eligible to vote.
c. 108,154 supporters now.

Wow, about 130,000 now.

One thing that (both) parties should learn from this is using things like Facebook to mobilize younger people to vote in the next election.

Last edited:
Well done... soon they should be able to pass "If 500 000 join this group I will change my middle name to Facebook" (187,961 members), but I have doubts they will be able to get more members than I FLIP MY PILLOW OVER TO GET TO THE COLD SIDE (981,844 members) or If 1 Million People Join My Dad Will not Put Our Dog to sleep (1,443,940 members), or even pass other important social justice issues like No school days on Friday! Need 5,000,000 school students to make official (463,666 members)

Right on. Nobody on Facebook should never be taken seriously. Anyone who uses Facebook is an idiot and a moron.

Wow, about 130,000 now.

One thing that (both) parties should learn from this is using things like Facebook to mobilize younger people to vote in the next election.

huh? I hope you're being facetious. Facebook activism isn't useful for much of anything.

Well done... soon they should be able to pass "If 500 000 join this group I will change my middle name to Facebook" (187,961 members), but I have doubts they will be able to get more members than I FLIP MY PILLOW OVER TO GET TO THE COLD SIDE (981,844 members) or If 1 Million People Join My Dad Will not Put Our Dog to sleep (1,443,940 members), or even pass other important social justice issues like No school days on Friday! Need 5,000,000 school students to make official (463,666 members)
I looked at those ... all seem to be mostly non-Canadian.

Point me to a comparable Canadian group that is bigger.
huh? I hope you're being facetious. Facebook activism isn't useful for much of anything.
Really ... after the 2008 US Election? The Observer thinks otherwise ... How the 2010 election will be won by blogs and tweets - The rise of social networking sites such as Facebook on the internet has caused an enormous change in politics

Well howabout this example. Some charity group needed some help to send some boxes of aid off to somewhere... through facebook it collected the youth of an ethnic group in a really fast manner and in no time they got the extra hands they needed.

It can work.

What really differentiates this group is the time that it has been around. One thing is to wait for years for a group to get as big as some of these. It's another thing to get so many people in a few days.

Yes really. People joining a FaceBook group doesn't equal activism or action.
And yet you disagree with well-known old-media such as The Observer?

You sound like those poor bastards at the National Post who after being scooped by The Toronto Star started writing editorials making fun of The Star, which as things have progressed have merely only demonstrated just how out of touch with society The Post has become. (hopefully after that newspaper is out of control of the Aspers, it will become readable again!).

Back