News   May 08, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 08, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   May 08, 2024
 2.9K     3 

HarbourPoint Condos, 250-270 Queens Quay W (Huang & Danczkay, 20 + 2x 31s, ?)

The owner (s) of the commercial property is Jack Rabba. The property is managed by RML 250 Queens Quay LTD. The property management companies of the three buildings have had a difficult relationship with Jack Rabba and RML 250 Queens Quay LTD. There is a lot more to the story, but the bottom line is it hasn't been as easy as asking for the repairs to be done, and the repairs being done. I hope to share more in the future, but right now I can not.

As DSC indicated above - the key issue in how this situation may be handled is whether the commercial property is within the overall boundaries of the one of the Condominium Corporations in the development, and thus under the overall jurisdiction of, and ultimately governed by the Condominium Corporation, or whether it is a totally separate legal entity, not within the Corporation. My suspicion is that given there are (I believe) multiple Condominium Corporations within the complex - typically one for each tower - the podium retail components may not be unitized components within one or more of the Condominium Corporations - but commercial areas totally outside the condominium legal structures. If you have a copy of your condominium's Declaration and / or Disclosure documents, the nature and relationship with the retail components should be disclosed in them.

Your own condominium property management company should also be able to provide details of the relationship - specifically what is in their scope (whether or not it includes any of the elements in question), and who is responsible for the other components. Another consideration would be whether or not there are Shared Facilities (i.e. common infrastructure components) which are subject to a Reciprocal Agreement, to which your Condominium Corporation would be a party.

@ AHK,

As I stated in my previous post, the commercial area is a completely separate entity owned entirely by Jack Rabba and his partners. There are other portions of the complex owned entirely by Jack Rabba and co, like our lobbies, parking garage, podium. We are granted "easement rights", to our lobbies and podium.

There is a Reciprocal agreement, where It states in lawyer speak that the property is to be maintained by the landlord(aka Jack Rabba) equivalent to a First Class property in the city of Toronto..

Last edited:
An example of the difficult relationship between the the condo corporation (s) and Jack Rabba, we were forced into a legal agreement because we wanted to place planters at the front of our entrances to our respected buildings. Planters which we fully pay for and maintain, but were on "his" property.

There are other examples of situations like this..

Sounds like the original builders put us owners in a bit of a pickle. But we're in for the long haul!

I am also an owner in one of the 3 buildings and love living here.

The area is great, the views are amazing. As mentioned, the facade of the building is unsightly - but other than the ground level commercial/parking area the building is fairly well maintained.

#Makethesistersgreatagain - thank you for the insightful information re: Jack Rabbas relationship w/ the building. Please feel free to reach out if there is anything I can do to help.

Someone mentioned that the agreement is for 30-years - can someone provide some more details about this?

I am also an owner in one of the 3 buildings and love living here.

The area is great, the views are amazing. As mentioned, the facade of the building is unsightly - but other than the ground level commercial/parking area the building is fairly well maintained.

#Makethesistersgreatagain - thank you for the insightful information re: Jack Rabbas relationship w/ the building. Please feel free to reach out if there is anything I can do to help.

Someone mentioned that the agreement is for 30-years - can someone provide some more details about this?
As you are an owner, you have a right to see (have a copy of) any Agreements that your Condo Corporation is party to. You should just be able to ask but if you need to take the formal route there is a new government form for just this purpose. A Request for Records Form. Available on the Government website at: https://www.ontario.ca/search/land-registration?sort=desc&field_forms_act_tid=condominium The Ministry has actually also published a Guide on how to do all this. https://gallery.mailchimp.com/668db...Returns_EVCS_Plain_Language_Guide_Mach_23.pdf

As you are an owner, you have a right to see (have a copy of) any Agreements that your Condo Corporation is party to. You should just be able to ask but if you need to take the formal route there is a new government form for just this purpose. A Request for Records Form. Available on the Government website at: https://www.ontario.ca/search/land-registration?sort=desc&field_forms_act_tid=condominium The Ministry has actually also published a Guide on how to do all this. https://gallery.mailchimp.com/668db...Returns_EVCS_Plain_Language_Guide_Mach_23.pdf

Great! Thank you. Is this something I'd ask the building management or go directly to the board?

Great! Thank you. Is this something I'd ask the building management or go directly to the board?
The Board are overall in charge but the PM is their agent so you could go to either. If I were you I would ask the PM and let him/her know that you are aware of the new Regulations about access to records and if you do not get what you want in x days you will be putting in an official Request for Records form. (That may wake them up, if necessary!) Once you submit the Form to the Corporation , they (i.e. Board and PM) have x days to respond. Good luck.

If they do NOT respond or if you do not like their response you can now appeal to the Condominium Authority Tribunal. See https://www.condoauthorityontario.ca/en-US/tribunal/ (By the way, if you want to get info on your corporation, things like their OFFICIAL address for service (where to send the Form to) you can look at the CAO Register. https://www.condoauthorityontario.ca/en-US/public-registry/

At the AGM the President of my board stated that there is a legal review of the Reciprocal agreement in the works, so hopefully we can get to the bottom of who owns what, and who's responsible to maintain it in the coming months.

At the AGM the President of my board stated that there is a legal review of the Reciprocal agreement in the works, so hopefully we can get to the bottom of who owns what, and who's responsible to maintain it in the coming months.
That would be good to figure out, I really am looking forward to solving it.

Someone just drove a truck through the entire garage tunnel: https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/9cw7nl/this_truck_drove_through_an_entire_tunnel/

Wonder what will happen here? Rabba owns this space, right?

At least most of the things it took down needed to be replaced 10 years ago anyway.

They really need to move the parking gates to the 2 entrances. The entrance at Queens Quay is used by city garbage trucks, etc. but you could easily have the gate just after that. There is so much unauthorized traffic, parking, etc. through this private garage it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
That garage doesn't look up to spec. Can anyone explain why Toronto building hasn't slap work orders on the deficiencies that have persisted for so l9ng?

Back