News   Jul 15, 2024
 625     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 576     0 

Gun Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of quotes that are terribly appropriate now esp for nfitz:

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis (1952)

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

People should not have to fear both the government and the criminal. It should be that the criminal fears both the people and the government.

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Shooting is a dangerous sport. It can lead to self-esteem, good eye-hand co-ordination, independent thinking, responsible behaviour, intolerance of oppression, self-reliance and similar traits. These are all very dangerous to tyrannical, oppressive and controlling persons, organizations and governments.

Legalities, the rule of law, and customs, are all stopgaps simply waiting for the right person to bend and break. A rifle in the hands of a freeman is not an invisible barrier of any sort, but something quite concrete that acts as a clear barrier to the despot.

"keithz:

There is absolutely no reason why anyone, rural or urban, has any need for handguns." So we should drop out of international competition? Pistol shooting is an international sport..an Olympic sport. How will we develop competitive shooters if no one has handguns?.

"keithz:

There is absolutely no reason why anyone, rural or urban, has any need for handguns." So we should drop out of international competition? Pistol shooting is an international sport..an Olympic sport. How will we develop competitive shooters if no one has handguns?.

Not to mention those like myself whom used to go hunting with a handgun...

the OP may have been here to troll but i cam for legitimate conversation.
That's not what you posted over at your forum, where you post under the ndb86. You noted over there in the discussion about coming here to troll that "i have nothing better to do lol" ... oh, and that's cute ... your stalking me. That's quite amusing ... a year or so ago someone referred to me as Nick Fitzgerald in another thread here ... I guess that's where it came from, LOL.

so you just made yet another hypocritical statement.....
Uh ... isn't the airport outside of the city itself? I don't know, it was dark and snowing ...

... at worst, I'm not sure how a grammar mistake qualifies as hypocriticism; that's a pretty black and white world you are living in.

I'm intrigued at the number of pro-gun advocates who have felt the need to need to sign up to Urban Toronto today to spam us with pro-gun rhetoric. Perhaps the new posters would like to tell us a bit about themselves, and where in Toronto they are from.

Just balance, grasshopper. Anti-ban logic to counter Anti-gun rhetoric. Only those who choose ignorance over education and ideology over logic & reason, will open the gates for the wolves to feast. But fear not for Blair and Miller will hold your hand every minute of the day to ensure your world (read: bubble) is safe and secure. You will be the envy of ALL your neighbors for while you hold the monopoly on armed protection, the wolves will choose a less protected meal. Wolves will breed and multiply as food sources are abundant, and judging by the "rhetoric", I would venture to say Toronto is rife with plump sheep! BONAPPETITE

A couple of quotes that are terribly appropriate now esp for nfitz:

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis (1952)

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

People should not have to fear both the government and the criminal. It should be that the criminal fears both the people and the government.

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Shooting is a dangerous sport. It can lead to self-esteem, good eye-hand co-ordination, independent thinking, responsible behaviour, intolerance of oppression, self-reliance and similar traits. These are all very dangerous to tyrannical, oppressive and controlling persons, organizations and governments.

Legalities, the rule of law, and customs, are all stopgaps simply waiting for the right person to bend and break. A rifle in the hands of a freeman is not an invisible barrier of any sort, but something quite concrete that acts as a clear barrier to the despot.

Those who pound their guns into plows wil plow for those who do not - Thomas Jefferson 1775

That's not what you posted over at your forum, where you post under the ndb86. You noted over there in the discussion about coming here to troll that "i have nothing better to do lol" ... oh, and that's cute ... your stalking me. That's quite amusing ... a year or so ago someone referred to me as Nick Fitzgerald in another thread here ... I guess that's where it came from, LOL.

Got to love this guy. Complaining that this place is being trolled yet has admitted to trolling at other sites himself for over a year.....Hypocrisy at it's finest! Way to go, Fitzy.

Got to love this guy. Complaining that this place is being trolled yet has admitted to trolling at other sites himself for over a year.....Hypocrisy at it's finest! Way to go, Fitzy.
??? Uh, where have I trolled ... for over a year.

What ARE you talking about?

Why would anyone go hunting in Toronto with a handgun? This is the Toronto Issues forum ...

Ok that statement lacks in so many ways.. but lets see if I can address what you lack.

#1.. No one goes "hunting" in Toronto since it is an urban center. Unless it is the police hunting for the criminals etc.

#2.. Handgun or longgun.. why would that matter in regards to #1?

#3.. I never stated I was hunting in Toronto.. you assumed it was in reference to that without merit.

#4.. Hunting with a handgun in Canada is currently illegal regardless of if it was within Toronto or not.

#4.. An issue in Toronto for anyone with a legal gun is to be address within the context of this discussion.. Or have you forgotten there are many legal guns in Toronto...

You have some childish dream about banning all guns.. but reality is that will never happen regardless of what you may wish for.. so please.. continue to believe in Santa.. the genie in the lamp and all the other childish fairy tales while you have your tantrums

The rest of us will continue to be based in reality and until you can act like an adult and wrap your head around the real facts and problems you do not deserve a voice in the debate.

Ok that statement lacks in so many ways.. but lets see if I can address what you lack.

#1.. No one goes "hunting" in Toronto since it is an urban center. Unless it is the police hunting for the criminals etc.

#2.. Handgun or longgun.. why would that matter in regards to #1?

#3.. I never stated I was hunting in Toronto.. you assumed it was in reference to that without merit.

#4.. Hunting with a handgun in Canada is currently illegal regardless of if it was within Toronto or not.

#4.. An issue in Toronto for anyone with a legal gun is to be address within the context of this discussion.. Or have you forgotten there are many legal guns in Toronto...

You have some childish dream about banning all guns.. but reality is that will never happen regardless of what you may wish for.. so please.. continue to believe in Santa.. the genie in the lamp and all the other childish fairy tales while you have your tantrums

The rest of us will continue to be based in reality and until you can act like an adult and wrap your head around the real facts and problems you do not deserve a voice in the debate.
Well spoken, brother!

There's no debate here ... just a bunch of mindless trolls, who have simply come here to trash the place.

And of course I think your talking about Toronto. This is the Toronto Issues sub-forum of the Greater Toronto Discussion. If you wanted to discuss gun ownership outside of that context you'd be over in General Discussions But you don't want to discuss, do you ... your simply here to troll - as you noted on your own forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back