News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 957     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.6K     3 

Greyhound: Apart from that, how was your experience today?

topics do evolve. it's nothing unusual, it's the natural course of conversation.

we didn't exactly start talking about the original subject and then abruptly start talking about calcium carbonate or something for no reason at all. one subject lead into another.

topics do evolve. it's nothing unusual, it's the natural course of conversation.

we didn't exactly start talking about the original subject and then abruptly start talking about calcium carbonate or something for no reason at all. one subject lead into another.
I never said that this topic came out of nowhere. I'm saying that rolling with it will virtually guarantee ten plus pages of arguing, personal attacks, and misinformation/anecdotal evidence from all sides. Because of all this, the original topic of the thread will be completely lost in the static. I've seen this enough times, even on these very forums, to know it's unavoidable.

The way I see it, debating religion on the internet is utterly pointless because no side will ever budge on their point. Ever. At all. It's like two people with totally equal strength pushing on each other at the same time. Sure, you can spend tons of time and energy trying to shove over the other guy, but nothing will be accomplished and it'd be far more efficient to just chill out and move on to other things.

Christianity and Islam are entirely different. First of all, you will find little if anything in Christianity that calls for violence against non-believers.

LOL, good one...it even appears that you believe this to be true.

I always find it interesting how post topics can evolve...

Prometheus: Good point on how topics can evolve over the course of posts-I am a member of two other transport websites and I know that if a topic turned like this one towards religious extremism the topic would probably be locked or deleted altogether-one in particular seems to be much more conservative than the UT forum. I have gotten to like this site because of the free exchange of ideas and topics instead of dealing with censorship should I step over that unwritten line... Long Island Mike

He deserves to have done to him what he did to the victim.

I have a rather large problem with the state repeating the actions of somebody who, based on those very actions, could be considered profoundly insane.

If you know about the whole Phelps thing (the "pastor" not the swimmer) then look at this:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra_fAYl4Th4

As much as I think Michael Moore is just about as credible as Ann Coulter, he's got a good sense of humour.
Goodness, there are some pretty screwed up people. Kudos to Michael Moore for putting this together.

Back