2K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 916     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Green Party of Canada: Leadership Race

1632797609779.png

Bewildering statement

I get she had a tough go of it as leader. We simply don't know how much of that was her, and how much of that was a faction within the Green leadership opposed to her; we also don't know what reasons may exist for the latter.

I'm entirely prepared to extend her sympathy if there is evidence she deserves it; but she really needs to bring that forward.

Its not classy to 'throw people under the bus'...........but the idea that if you omit the specifics or don't name names; its somehow classy when you're clearly making a very serious allegation (sexism/racism etc.)
against a pretty clear group (the Green Party's leadership)........... I'm not there.

Lets hear what you did, what the reaction was, etc..........

If not..............that's ok too..........but then kill the melodrama and self-pity.

Last edited:
She is the type who insists her success is all her, while her failure is all other people. I think most saw that in her straight away. She takes no responsibility, it was all racism and misogyny.

She was a poor leader. But her party....woof!

Their climate plan got rated lower than that of the CPC. How does that even happen? One would think this is the one area they would have deep policy expertise. But this all had shown that they are increasingly an unserious party filled more kooks than sincere ecowarriors.

Annamie Paul's challenges are symptoms of a wider illness in that party.

She was a poor leader. But her party....woof!

Their climate plan got rated lower than that of the CPC. How does that even happen? One would think this is the one area they would have deep policy expertise. But this all had shown that they are increasingly an unserious party filled more kooks than sincere ecowarriors.

Annamie Paul's challenges are symptoms of a wider illness in that party.

In my honest opinion, they went from the Green Party to the Woke Party once Annamie Paul came onboard as leader.

In my honest opinion, they went from the Green Party to the Woke Party once Annamie Paul came onboard as leader.

If I understand it, she pushed for a more moderate position on Israel and that is what created the conflict in party. That tells me they were woke long before she showed up.

If I understand it, she pushed for a more moderate position on Israel and that is what created the conflict in party. That tells me they were woke long before she showed up.

Doesn't matter whether it is the right position or not - she should have known - it's her party. She chose to exacerbate existing tensions for a position with zero gain - that's fundamentally irresponsible as a leader.

AoD

It is incomprehensible to me how a foreign policy topic was the cause of so much internal party strife.

Was the Green Party leadership even cognizant that they effectively need to be in power or at least the official opposition in order to have an impact on Canada's foreign policy?

I'm disillusioned with that party's leadership as it currently stands (with or without Paul). Before under Elizabeth May's leadership, the Greens seemed to be aware of how they can best serve the interests of Canadians from their position as a minor party, through using their voice to impact the dialogue on climate change and a host of domestic policy questions, and offering bold policy ideas that pushed the conversation forward. Now, they couldn't even serve as an effective protest vote option in an election where I desperately desired having one available.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter whether it is the right position or not - she should have known - it's her party. She chose to exacerbate existing tensions for a position with zero gain - that's fundamentally irresponsible as a leader.

AoD

Debatable. She was trying to move her party closer to the centre. No different than O'Toole on climate change and firearms.

This brings up a whole other issue of how ridiculous it is that parties don't do policy development in advance and simply have leaders do a surprise reveal during a campaign.

Debatable. She was trying to move her party closer to the centre. No different than O'Toole on climate change and firearms.

This brings up a whole other issue of how ridiculous it is that parties don't do policy development in advance and simply have leaders do a surprise reveal during a campaign.

Hardly anyone remotely inclined to vote for them would base their decision on their position on this particularly controversial issue (in fact, the complete lack of one might be the best bet) - but nope, they chose to have a public split and die on a hill that has almost no bearing on their party. That's seppuku. O'Toole's priority is to form government - they have no choice but to broaden their appeal as a "big tent" party; for the Greens, they are better served growing their party in areas where they have a chance to elect MPs - that meant taking whatever positions where it mattered, and no positions (or BS positions that offend no one) where it doesn't. No one would care if they have a vanilla BS answer. Thrusting it front and centre knowing the fault lines in your party is just *dumb*. I mean, they have truly madly broadened their appeal now - as a party that couldn't get their act together and decided to have a civil war during an election.

AoD

Last edited:
It is incomprehensible to me how a foreign policy topic was the cause of so much internal party strife.

Did it though?

I will not spend any time discussing the merits of the policy here, that's a whole separate thread.............

But....what if a lil' birdie suggested to me that Ms. Atwin may have been thinking about a move before there was a policy shift?

For the record, I have not had any first hand discussions with Jennica, nor those she spoke w/directly about crossing the floor.
But the contacts I do have, certainly left me w/that impression.

Isn't party policy dictated by the council and membership voting?

I think she thought the title of leader in the Green party meant the same thing as in the other parties, where in the Green party it's more of a Spokesperson role and not someone who carves out policy.

At least that's my understanding of their internal machinery.

The Star put out an article/statement from Elizabeth May..............Holy @#$#

Via Outline:

She throws Paul far under the bus..........and if remotely accurate is an indictment for the ages.

Back