News   Aug 14, 2024
 998     1 
News   Aug 14, 2024
 753     0 
News   Aug 14, 2024
 575     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Instead of "[27] [27A] [27B] [27C]" you could have "[27] A,B,C"
And in the section of "[27] [27A] [27B] [27C] [27D] [27F]" you would have "[27] A,B,C,D,F"

That would eliminate more than 75% of the labels, and have more than 50% less total text.

Last edited:
Haven't heard any further verification of the St. Catharines service for the new year since it was first mentioned. Beginning to wonder if it was just one person's musing... Not too mention it's also hard to believe that service would be a priority. Although it might just be a matter of it being one of the few services that can be started at that time and one thing they are not going to do is have more people then necessary sit around at home on the spareboard. They hate that so much that at one time they were calling CSA's off the board to work as a second CSA on trains, even though that is of course completely unnecessary.

Also I'm hearing there will be 15 more crews/jobs available instead of 10 at the start of 2016. It's getting a little hard to differentiate fact from rumor. What I can verify is that are currently two dozen employees on throttle training. I don't know their individual timelines but most of them should be well into their 120 trip requirement by now.

Keep in mind though that 15 more crews doesn't necessarily mean 15 more trains coming into to the city in the morning and 15 more coming back out in the evening. It could be that they will uses those extra crews to reduce the amount of overtime. And while that might sound like a good thing, usually it's the jobs that work overtime that do the highest % of work. They're the ones that continually go back and forth on the lakeshore while the jobs that only work 8 hours will do far less since prep time and layover time remains the exact same regardless of shift length and for a split shift which are usually around 8 hours those times are double. So the actually % of time they are in revenue service is much lower.
The January 2016 schedule changes are out, and the only rail change is moving 1 Lakeshore East run 6 minutes later.

I'm surprised that with the surplus of crews, they aren't even meeting their previous promise to add 18 off-peak Brampton trains a day during fiscal 2015-16. As far as I know, this is the last schedule change of the fiscal year (which ends in March 2016), and they only added 14 in September.

There are some bus changes. Details at http://www.gotransit.com/public/en/updates/schedulechanges.aspx

The January 2016 schedule changes are out, and the only rail change is moving 1 Lakeshore East run 6 minutes later.

I'm surprised that with the surplus of crews, they aren't even meeting their previous promise to add 18 off-peak Brampton trains a day during fiscal 2015-16. As far as I know, this is the last schedule change of the fiscal year (which ends in March 2016), and they only added 14 in September.

78% ain't bad! Of course "added" is a loose definition when a good chunk of those 14 trains were simply replacements of trains cancelled prior to the track/corridor project....but that is semantics and a promise partially filled is better than not filled at all....I guess.

The evening runs are being added in March, which will allow them to meet the goal of having it done this fiscal year.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

The evening runs are being added in March, which will allow them to meet the goal of having it done this fiscal year.
Yes, I suppose it would. Perhaps they could toss in the 6 promised in the next fiscal year at the same time.

Though the reverse-peak runs would be more critical I'd think.

Any weekend service?
It was also promised for fiscal 2016-17, along with weekend Barrie GO service.

Yes, I suppose it would. Perhaps they could toss in the 6 promised in the next fiscal year at the same time.

Though the reverse-peak runs would be more critical I'd think.

It was also promised for fiscal 2016-17, along with weekend Barrie GO service.
Last work week in March 2016 (still part of 2015/2016 fiscal year) is week of March 28th...so those weekday trains could be added then...with the first day of weekend service being Saturday April 2nd and that would be fiscal 2016/17 !

Wishful?

Last work week in March 2016 (still part of 2015/2016 fiscal year) is week of March 28th...so those weekday trains could be added then...with the first day of weekend service being Saturday April 2nd and that would be fiscal 2016/17 !

Wishful?

Very.

I haven't found a timeline/schedule yet for weekend service to Mount Pleasant. It may very well be early 2017. But it certainly won't be this coming March.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Any rumours on increased Hamilton GO train service of any kind next year?

Lewis supposedly opens soon, and increases layover capacity.

But wonder if that is early or late 2016. Or bumps to 2017?

Any rumours on increased Hamilton GO train service of any kind next year?

Lewis supposedly opens soon, and increases layover capacity.

But wonder if that is early or late 2016. Or bumps to 2017?
Without the run through switch that's a lot of reversing in/out of West Harbour...

Not sure where to post this. Any one want to speculate?

Public Transit Announcement
TORONTO: December 16, 2015 – Minister of Transportation Steven Del Duca will join TTC Chair Josh Colle and MP for Spadina–Fort York and Parliamentary Secretary to the Prime Minister for Intergovernmental Affairs Adam Vaughan to make a public transit announcement. Metrolinx President and CEO Bruce McCuaig and TTC CEO Andy Byford will also be in attendance.

Date
Thursday, December 17, 2015

Time
9:30 a.m.

Bathurst TTC Subway Station – Street Level
819 Bathurst Street, Toronto

Back