News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Because 30 minute bus service is better than bi or even tri hourly train service.

Stouffville ran the counter peak train when it didn't have it's own yard and had to deadhead trains to stouffville, they simply ran one of those trains as a revenue service.

There was a yard in Stouffville proper, just past the station, but the reverse train was the fifth and there was not enough capacity at the old yard. The new yard/station at Lincolnville made the deadhead unnecessary.

And off-peak, 30 minute direct buses to/from Union are definitely better than off peak trains running less than every hour, especially if it requires a time consuming forced transfer at somewhere like Bramalea.

The two new Barrie trains departing from Maple will leave at 7:13 & 7:45. Which is no big shock really seeing as how the 1st Maple extra is more or less in between the 2&3 Barrie and the 2nd Maple extra in between the 3rd & 4th Barrie train. Don't have the evening schedule yet but I imagine it will be in the same slots. These trains will be deadheaded from Willowbrook.

The two new Barrie trains departing from Maple will leave at 7:13 & 7:45. Which is no big shock really seeing as how the 1st Maple extra is more or less in between the 2&3 Barrie and the 2nd Maple extra in between the 3rd & 4th Barrie train. Don't have the evening schedule yet but I imagine it will be in the same slots. These trains will be deadheaded from Willowbrook.
That's nice to know. I may take one if I am out there soon.

I thought the extra trains are only for the morning hours?

All I can say is the info I've seen shows crews manning a 6&7th evening weekday Barrie line train turning at Bradford(I assumed in revenue service until then) and back to Willowbrook coupled together(morning deadhead also coupled).

Looks like Teston siding will finally be seeing some regular action. These deadheads should create some interesting meets in the morning hours.

Teston Road is north of Maple. I'm not sure how the siding will see much action.

I'm aware of that. It's only just north though. I meant in terms of storing the second train set temporarily while waiting for the train in between. This would need to be done somewhere especially if the two trains are being deadheaded together.

Locomotive 666 was recently delivered to GO, and Reddit has already gone and had some fun with it:

sOkKdpl.jpg

original photo:

2zhVICz.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/27scgr/go_locomotive_666_has_arrived_in_toronto_let_the/

Figured they made a mistake as in what we were initially shown was probably the early draft. Its been corrected and the new Barrie trains will actually be deadhead from Allandale in the morning together and uncouple in the siding like Jag said. Only change for Barrie line users is that the evening the trains will run individually all the way up to Barrie(and the yard there so no need for deadheading).

Figured they made a mistake as in what we were initially shown was probably the early draft. Its been corrected and the new Barrie trains will actually be deadhead from Allandale in the morning together and uncouple in the siding like Jag said. Only change for Barrie line users is that the evening the trains will run individually all the way up to Barrie(and the yard there so no need for deadheading).

Any info on the evening train schedule changes?

New afternoon/evening Barrie trains depart Union at 3:40pm and 6:45pm. As expected many buses departing Union bus terminal around those times have been cancelled or adjusted so be sure and check out the new schedule that begins on June 28th.

The schedule changes and new schedules are on the website - http://www.gotransit.com/public/en/updates/schedulechanges.aspx

Glad to see that 30 min service on the Lakeshore line is being expanded on weekends. The early morning and late evening switch to 1hr frequencies caught a lot of people off guard. I know one morning going to the Jays game early I was caught and had to rush to the station to the catch the 9:10 train, because I had assumed (wrongly, apparently) that there was a 9:40 train. It was only 30 mins after 10 am.

Back