News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 379     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

And the passenger train has a different shape to it!

I think it's the same, but the bottom 1/8th of the coach is painted black, so it blends in with the ground and it looks like the bottom is level from the front to back.

I saw a GO bus painted in a similar scheme.

There are two running around in the new scheme, 2328 and 2330. There will probably be more to follow, and the add-on order for 40 double-deckers will likely be delivered in a version of the new scheme as well.

Oh no... don't tell me they are re-liverying the fleet in this...

It appears that is the plan. Cab cars will have a variation of the scheme opposite to the locos.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

The GO Bus paint schemes aren't too pretty either:
9177992453_5f08ce4166.jpg

The Star article on the new liveries: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/tra..._transit_trains_and_buses_get_a_makeover.html

Attachments

• 9177992453_5f08ce4166.jpg
    9177992453_5f08ce4166.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 788
Last edited:
I'm with SGHA, I like the new train colours and design. People actually find the colours revolting? Maybe if they were repainted brown and yellow.

Last edited:
The new colour look good to me. My first reaction was negative as well having grown accustomed to the old colour, but already I now look at the older trains and it feels out of date. My biggest complaint is that the positioning of the GO logo on the locomotive isn't centered at the same height as the logo on the train cars.

Given GO's obsession with obsession with parking and attracting drivers, they should have painted their buses white, grey and black. Those are the colours car owners like the most by far, after all.

Last edited:
They do a bunch hiring since Indy weekend? ;)

http://gotransit.com/public/en/travelling/caribbean.aspx

What I don't understand is why the Georgetown train in that schedule runs so slow. Brampton - Union takes an hour compared to 50 minutes during normal service.

Maybe they are allowing extra time due to a heatwave we may have that weekend like today slow orders?? Maybe work being schedule that weekend in the corridor? 10 minute not going to kill you.

Maybe GO was able to do some arm twisting to get the extra crews for those runs?

I think you will have more people using the other lines for this event than the Indy, considering how many empty seats were in the stand that weekend. You will get a hell a lot more people that weekend, especially on parade day than all 3 days for the Indy. It wouldn't be a close race at all.

There a lot going on behind the scene that vegeta_skyline cannot talk about here.

Maybe they are allowing extra time due to a heatwave we may have that weekend like today slow orders?? Maybe work being schedule that weekend in the corridor? 10 minute not going to kill you.

Never said it would kill me....just wondered why there was a 20% increase in travel time.

Maybe GO was able to do some arm twisting to get the extra crews for those runs?

I think you will have more people using the other lines for this event than the Indy, considering how many empty seats were in the stand that weekend. You will get a hell a lot more people that weekend, especially on parade day than all 3 days for the Indy. It wouldn't be a close race at all.

You're probably right that this event will draw more riders......but Indy weekend affects all traffic from the west end and anyone doing anything in the city faces that......would be a nice public service if rail was available to bypass that.

Back