News   Sep 26, 2024
 755     0 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 1.5K     4 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 817     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

The City of Brampton had been pressing a new GO Train station around the intersection of the Guelph Sub and Heritage Road as part of their grand design for a boulevard instead of a grade separated highway 413. The recent Secondary Plan posted on their planning site now accepts that Hwy 413 is a reality and no longer mentions a Heritage Heights station. However, an update to the Heritage Heights Transportation Master Plan is "in progress" and we'll see whether that include a station.
the station is dead as Metrolinx is building a layover yard in the area.

Not happening. Requires CN's approval. Bet the developer didn't consider this.

I'm sure developers in discussions with the City are fully aware of who owns the tracks here and the Metrolinx/Province's requirements for new stations. There are plans to increase track capacity in this stretch and I heard today even at an event that discussions with CN are going well.

There have been posts in the GO Construction about the future rail under rail grade separation in this area.

So, I think your statement of "Not happening. Requires CN approval" should be amended to say, "will happen if CN agrees and they feel there is track capacity, and the developer is able to fulfill the Province's requirement for new stations." That would provide a more nuanced assessment.

What would be the point of this Heritage station? There is litterally nothing out there. Is there future development planned for the area, and if so just how big is going to be? Please tell me they're not planning to sprawl out Brampton all the way to Georgetown...

There is most certainly development planned there, to a greater density than around Mount Pleasant GO. How far away it is, or how it may have been affected by 413, remains to bbe seen. But it has been solidly in the works for quite a while now.

- Paul

They Layover will be located between Heritage Rd and Winston Churchill Blvd. If the platforms ran over Hwy413, there would be room for a station East of Heritage Rd.

Heritage Heights is definitely on the books as a conceptual new station – and if Hwy 413 is built, it could be a useful bus transfer point. CN wouldn’t have a problem with it as long as it doesn’t interfere with its operations, just as it allowed GO to build new stations on its Bala Sub mainline in the last decade.

Back