News   Jul 11, 2024
 4.7K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 351     4 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 491     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Was on the 4:49 Kitchener line train. The accessibility coach 2549 don't have AC at all, it feels like 30+ inside and no airflow. I could move to other coaches but feel so bad for the CSA and those who require accessibility assistance. How does MX allow it to be in service??

Was on the 4:49 Kitchener line train. The accessibility coach 2549 don't have AC at all, it feels like 30+ inside and no airflow. I could move to other coaches but feel so bad for the CSA and those who require accessibility assistance. How does MX allow it to be in service??

Tweet at them and ask. Shame is a wonderful motivator.

Tweet at them and ask. Shame is a wonderful motivator.
To be fair, considering how many coaches they have, trying to maintain all the AC's in every coach while maintaining service must be a constant battle.

At my work, during the summer, our mechanics struggle to maintain the AC's in all our equipment. I often see operators driving around the yard with their door wide open. That's how you know their AC doesn't work.

To be fair, considering how many coaches they have, trying to maintain all the AC's in every coach while maintaining service must be a constant battle.

At my work, during the summer, our mechanics struggle to maintain the AC's in all our equipment. I often see operators driving around the yard with their door wide open. That's how you know their AC doesn't work.

The fault is not (necessarily) in the a/c breaking down, its in letting the equipment go into service.

GO Transit has vast levels of spare coaches.

No reason one can't be changed out.

IF it broke in service........that's a different matter.

The fault is not (necessarily) in the a/c breaking down, its in letting the equipment go into service.

GO Transit has vast levels of spare coaches.

No reason one can't be changed out.

IF it broke in service........that's a different matter.
Yeah, but some of those coaches were probably put in storage during the winter months when they weren't testing out the AC's.

Back