News   Jul 17, 2024
 90     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 454     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 995     0 

GO Transit Sept. 2007 service changes

Lisgar Station...

ST: Interesting Lisgar Station pics! I am surprised that with the amount of construction still needed GO decided to open it anyway. Is that station building a renovated old building or totally new built to an old RR style? Is the parking lot large enough now? To me the one indication that it is open in the station pic is the man with two kids sitting on the bench there-a definite no-no if it was a construction area.
Long Island Mike

It's a new building... I used to frequent the area and saw its construction.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but its clear that the stationed opened early so that the politicials could have something to say "look what we did" when we go to the polls.

... But some people call me cynical...

Honestly I'm surprised at how unfinished it is! Amazing that it can even function when there's still so much to be done.

I hate the "huts" that Via and GO build as their stations. They vaguely refer to the railway days of yore and have nothing to do with what a modern commuter rail system should have their stations look like.

whats the ticket collection system on GO...

to me it seems non-existent....

I have taken it a 50 times and no one has checked my ticket...

At least in my experience on the Lakeshore West line, they're more likely to check tickets on an express train to Union (or back) or during busier events (ie. Molson/Ex) than on say a 1pm train to Union on a Wednesday. That being said, I've noticed that the frequency of checking tickets has gone down a lot in the last year compared to 5 years ago.

whats the ticket collection system on GO...

to me it seems non-existent....

It's supposed to be completely random, but it might be targetted at problem areas. Sometimes I'll go two months without inspection, then get checked every week for a month.

anyone know of any future service improvements on the Georgetown line.

I know for one the Malton station lot is expanding by 1/3.

Bramalea station has much more parking (yet not enough, what to do?)

My big complaint is that heading to Union from Bramalea, from 6:50 to 8:08 you have 6 trains leaving (thats around 1 HOURS and 20 mins)

From Union from 3:15pm to 5:45 you have only 5 trains (thats a time of around 2.5 hours)

I would love to see a 5:00 or 5:30 train leave from Union.

there's finally going to be a connection to GO transit from richmond hill center.

here are pictures of the pedestrian bridge from 2 days ago.

DSC03702-1.jpg

DSC03703.jpg

sry about the glare, but i was on the bus when i took these.

btw, i couldn't find any information on it like renderings and stuff like that on the web. nothing on the yrt or go website or on the york region one.the only rendering i've seen is on a big board on the site itself.

Just adding onto bridges @ GO Staitons- the new pedestrian bridge across Southdown @ Clarkson GO is almost done. They hoisted the span two weeks ago and I haven't been around since to see if it's opened yet. It's about time that it's up though; that stretch by the station is a nightmare for everyone and I'm glad that it's finally up so more people will die/injured.

there's finally going to be a connection to GO transit from richmond hill center.

here are pictures of the pedestrian bridge from 2 days ago.

sry about the glare, but i was on the bus when i took these.

btw, i couldn't find any information on it like renderings and stuff like that on the web. nothing on the yrt or go website or on the york region one.the only rendering i've seen is on a big board on the site itself.

Maybe i'm being mislead by the scaffolding, but that is one massive bridge for just pedestrians!

I'm sure it will look great when its done, but it screams overkill to me.

Overkill? My thoughts exactly. Looks like something out of the Ottawa Transitway (except not in the red colour), but if they are going to build a pedestrian bridge so monumental, why not have it extend into the bus platform area?

That's a lot of steps up as well, I can see the elevator being used by more than just the disabled.

Back