News   Apr 26, 2024
 2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 445     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

West Harbour stub track tie-in update:

1698370276207.jpeg

1698370296408.jpeg

1698370323660.jpeg

1698370343614.jpeg

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad there was an update on Stouffville construction and hopefully evening service will be restored by next summer.
I figure with Stouffville and Kitchener line progress where they are we could see half hourly through running service concurrently with Eglinton opening which would be really nice.

I figure with Stouffville and Kitchener line progress where they are we could see half hourly through running service concurrently with Eglinton opening which would be really nice.

We won't see half hourly on the Kitchener line, even east of Georgetown, until the third track through Brampton is completed. That project is still only in procurement. Maybe the Silver flyover is needed also.

Surely Crosstown will happen sooner than that !

- Paul

We won't see half hourly on the Kitchener line, even east of Georgetown, until the third track through Brampton is completed. That project is still only in procurement. Maybe the Silver flyover is needed also.

Surely Crosstown will happen sooner than that !

- Paul
Agree generally, but I’m pretty sure half hourly to Bramalea is possible today on the existing infrastructure.

CTC isn't active yet between Humberview and Nickle on the 4th track, but if it was it definitely should be feasible to do every 30 minutes to Bramalea.

One would think so.... but maybe there are other things in the way..... Mount Dennis platforms aren't finished, nor are Bloor's, and construction at Liberty is not far off..... and then there is the challenge of more Weston Sub trains sharing the current T1 with Barrie service (in both directions) between Parkdale and Union (solvable with some slick dispatching, but still a complication).

Makes me think that ML may not push the envelope too far until more of these complications are out of the way,.

It would sure help if they expedited putting Barrie on its own track east of Parkdale.... but that may be part of some work package that is yet to be launched.

- Paul

Oct 28
Eastern Ave And East Harbour Transit Hub with more up on my site
53299545930_99f8f83eee_b.jpg

53299323303_a0a79e6311_b.jpg

53299071916_3f97bbb8a2_b.jpg

53299446014_91dd4f6bb7_b.jpg

53299071596_7cee014a76_b.jpg

This photo really shows how small a span is needed here. Since the last update from Metrolinx mentioned a culvert, is this some big concrete piece that is going to dropped in over the creek? This track work has been going on for so many years now...

Last edited:
Re culverts - I went to Aurora this week, and noted that the grading for a very extensive bit of double tracking on the Newmarket Sub between Dufferin Street and Bathurst Street has been completed for some time.....except.... there is a 150 m gap in the middle where a culvert over a creekbed is needed. Does ML have a generic inability to build over waterways? Did they miss a memo on some environmental measure that they have to backtrack to address ?

A great deal of work is getting done on the Barrie line, but it is a bit hodgepodge to the sidewalk observer. A new turnout and some new second track has gone in south of Maple station. Similar work is going on around Chase and right at Aurora Station. Right at Aurora, a crew was assembling panels for another high speed turnout. Lots of grading and sound walls completed between Finch and Castlefield. One hopes that this is all coming together in an organized way.

- Paul

This is nice too!

"It is expected that the proponent will start some limited, mostly in-corridor, work in 2023-2024. Metrolinx anticipates there will be improvements to service starting in approximately 2024-2025, with additional service being introduced incrementally as various work phases are completed"

From: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2023/ex/bgrd/backgroundfile-240117.pdf

Back