News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 448     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Niagara Falls, N.Y. mayor says he wants a GO Train across the border

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ys-he-wants-a-go-train-across-the-border.html

Then perhaps he or his County/State could pay for it. This is much like thoughts to have GO service places like London et al; when did a regional urban commuter service morph into an international/interurban travel service? I get that folks travel to Toronto from other places but,even allowing for future growth, at what point does it cease to serve a daily commuting population?

Coming down Torbram Rd today, had a look at both grade separation and very Little changes since I lost last saw them. Shoring machine off to the east side for of Weston Sub north side.

^Trudeau plans to upload GO Transit to federal jurisdiction and combine it with VIA?

I'm dreaming, obviously...... but it would be a dish served cold.

- Paul
Ah yes, so they upload private driveways to the city.

just wanted to note that the Metrolinx board is meeting today, and surely cannot attend this announcement. Coincidence?
Hmm, Trudeau at Union Station for the Metrolinx Board Meeting would be ... interesting. Too bad when the stars align people never capitalize on it.

^Trudeau plans to upload GO Transit to federal jurisdiction and combine it with VIA?

I'm dreaming, obviously...... but it would be a dish served cold.
just wanted to note that the Metrolinx board is meeting today, and surely cannot attend this announcement. Coincidence?
This isn't abstract...actually I'm impressed by this...it's a signalling of sorts....'sailing through disputed waters' as the navy would say. I suspect Adam Vaughan knows more on this than he's letting on.

There won't be any announcements of gravity, but there will be a 'show of hand' of some sort. Just as a reminder, the Feds paid $4.5B for the Trans-Mountain Pipeline. Mostly that was a sop to Alberta, justified or not (a whole other argument).

What is equally justified is a freight by-pass in Toronto, in fact the whole Missing Link is. For about the same cost.
Thanks for the 'heads-up' on this! I'm waiting for the CPAC stream to begin.

Addendum: Interesting, just watched it. Most of the reporters' questions were unsurprisingly on national and international issues, but the PM did show his hand on two points pending with the Ford Regime. He was quite adamant about defending the Canada Health Act.

What strikes me most about his being there for the announcement on the Barrie Line is as stated prior: "Showing his hand" on transit. And working more directly with cities, with or without provincial participation and blessing.

Last edited:

Back