News   May 16, 2024
 33     0 
News   May 16, 2024
 305     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 2K     0 

GO has left the train station

i read a train leaves and enters every 75 sec at rush hour at union station.

In my opinion I think they need more tracks.

The Yamanote Line in Tokyo has two tracks and it serves three times more people every day than the entire TTC and GO Transit combined.

they are the Japanese though... :D

GO trains take forever to unload and load, thats there problem...

no....

The actual part where people get on and get off takes a very long time, compared to a subway or to what we see in Japan.

It takes quite some time to unload a whole 2 story car. The Trains needs wider doors, but I can't see what else can be done.

what can be done to, is the question...

That requires better signals...

Diverting some trains to Summerhill could also help (although, there's now a long-term plan to do this).

Sure and plug the over capacity Yonge line. There needs to be a station at Dupont also to allow riders to use the U-S section.

At the same time, you are asking riders to pay another fare to get to the core when they don't have since they walk from Union in the first place.

There is a need for both stations as well others alone the crosstown line.

At the same time, you are asking riders to pay another fare to get to the core when they don't have since they walk from Union in the first place.

I'm not sure exactly how many people transfer to YUS trains before/after GO trains, but so much of downtown isn't really within easy PATH-distance of Union station that plenty of riders would appreciate getting off at Dupont/Summerhill and subwaying down a few stops.

There needs to be a station at Dupont also to allow riders to use the U-S section.
Agreed - and a no brainer given that the existing Dupont station almost backs onto the tracks.

Hopefully by that point, we'll have some kind of integrated fare structure

I'm not sure exactly how many people transfer to YUS trains before/after GO trains

quite a bit that union subway station gets overloaded at rush hour.

However what major station does not at Rush hour???

Back