News   Jul 26, 2024
 92     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 826     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 715     0 

G-20 Summit in Toronto

I think we've established that their little jaunt on Saturday was stupid and pointless. If there was a deeper motivation than burning stuff for shits and giggles, would it still be as quickly and utterly condemned?

If there was a real cause - some huge injustice perpetrated by an intransient authority and no other recourse - then sure. Aparthied is probably a reasonable example.

"Yeah, like the "imagined wrong" perpetuated on this TTC worker. He deserved it, because he works for the TTC and he's Chinese - probably what goes through the minds of you and your co-believers.

36 hours? Please! people like buildup, Redroom, Asterix and picard are no doubt jealous that he got to stay 36 hours in such a high-class, Hotel-like detention facility. This poor immigrant should be thanking his stars he got to stay in such classy accomodations on the taxpayer's dime."

You biting sarcasm shames me to the core. Perhaps I should come clean on my wild desire to incarcerate Chinese TTC workers - its been a chronic obsession. Anyway, he might surpise you in being more understanding of the confusion which can occur during unruly mass protests. Certainly he deserves an apology.

Althoughhhhh when I read the article I thought this harrowing tale was slightly overblown:

I was petrified, I was shocked. I was essentially arrested for going to work.... It was just martial law. I had no rights.” In custody, he went through “sheer terror” as he listened to other prisoners screaming and tried to sleep on a bloodied concrete floor.

Last edited:
^Exactly.

Black block running around burning cars and smashing stores for the sake of being a nuisance = criminal thugs

Iranian students running around burning cars and smashing stores because an election was stolen and civil rights curtailed = legitimate protest.
It all depends on the context. Unfortunately, violent protest is unfortunately needed in many, many parts of the world where the government is just unwilling to take up change. In a country like Canada, we too face many issues, from environmental to political to social. But our government has a strong tradition of democracy, and we need to nonviolently fight for our issues.

Unfortunately, there are problems in both of these. In places where people are oppressed and are unable to peacefully protest, people will fear for their lives to avoid a government crackdown many, many times harsher than what we saw this weekend.
In a society like Canada, the main thing stopping these change is people just being inactive in the political system. We hear from everyone that they want to solve global warming and live more fulfilling lives, but how many people act on that and how many people just continue business as usual? People need to understand the crises that we face in this day and age, and that the latest iProduct or a thousand square foot house should be a lower priority than issues like the environment. I fear that until this happens, peaceful protest on issues that may be on the minds of many people will be drowned out by a sea of people just not acting, living their very privileged lives.

what goes through the minds of you and your co-believers. ( people like buildup, Redroom, Asterix and picard)

just to clarify, I am a non-believer! and now for some light hearted relief:

[video=youtube;9U4Ha9HQvMo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U4Ha9HQvMo[/video]

Wow, this is the first I've heard of the Toronto detainees being dressed in bright orange jump suits, being blindfolded as they were transported around the detention centre, subjected to 24+ hours of continuous interrogations, kept in open-air cages and the like.

Why hasn't the media reported any of these grievous conditions? Or are you just being dramatic?

Forget Guantanamo Bay! The conditions were worse than Auschwitz!

Chief Blair has been caught in another lie!

In an interview with the G&M's resident cop-worshiper, Christie Blatchford, he "reveals" that the repatriation ceremony of the Canadian solider last Friday was disrupted by the "Black Block"

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rrupted-soldiers-cortge-blair/article1625239/

However a youtube video of the motorcade arriving at the coroners office shows that the ceremony was peaceful and without disruption and there has been no other independent reports of a disruption last Friday despite the fact that 100's of people attend these ceremonies along with the media!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTfnjHRDud4

What I find disgusting is that this man, who was responsible for 100's of Canadians having their basic freedoms taken away from them last week - is using - as a cover - the tragic death of a Canadian soldier who no doubt believed that he was fighting FOR OUR FREEDOMS!

Chief Blair has reached a disgusting new low with this newest lie!

Just updating my post to include pictures taken of the repatriation ceremony which refute the claim by Bill Bliar that the ceremony was disrupted by black bloc protesters. I am surprised that the main stream media hasn't picked up yet on this latest lie. For Bill Bliar to use the body of a fallen soldier as a shield is something that I think should enrage a lot of people including many of the law-an-order types.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30673037@N03/sets/72157624260049953/

Last edited:
of course the main stream media hasnt picked up on it... they arent deranged. I think someone forgot to take their meds all this week. This whole discussion has just become way too silly...

Your 'logic' is interesting. You pose leading questions, but then presume to answer them. Can you attach a link to these images of "high-end" boots and backpacks with bricks. By "high-end" do you mean newish looking? Since the Black Bloc all wanted to look alike, why wouldn't they have used their parent's allowances to buy or shoplift gear? G20's dont happen every day, everyone's stuff might have been new.

By "high end" check out this close-up picture of the "black bloc" guy who set the police cruiser on fire at queen and spadina.

He is wearing an Arc'teryx LEAF jacket . "LEAF" is an acronym for Law Enforcement and Armed Forces for whom this product is marketed to.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mollymotmot/4741238382/in/photostream/

You can see him in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-5jeaIh4YE

By "high end" check out this close-up picture of the "black bloc" guy who set the police cruiser on fire at queen and spadina.

He is wearing an Arc'teryx LEAF jacket . "LEAF" is an acronym for Law Enforcement and Armed Forces for whom this product is marketed to.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mollymotmot/4741238382/in/photostream/

You can see him in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-5jeaIh4YE

I can buy a similar Arc'teryx jacket...

Hercules-Jacket-Black.jpg

from here

***EDIT***

The video linked shows the first two sane protesters I've seen in every video (well save for the guy that stopped the looter at the Bell store). Telling people to stop and asking what these actions ultimately prove.

Last edited:
Too bad I wasn't in the city for that, I probably would've been straight down there to give those black bloc guys a sound thrashing. I heard that one woman asking how it was constructive, but that seemed to be everyone who actually cared about what was going on. Why wasn't anyone out there in arms to respond to the black bloc guys destroying our city?

EDIT: Yeah, these guys were going for a professional troublemaker look, so I'd be kind of surprised if they weren't outfitted like this.

I'm not the tin foil hat type but I buy this allegation. He certainly appears to be a cop from all the evidence pointed out.

If he were not, why would the police not have set out a very public search for this guy? Instantly after security camera footage is found from a suspect in a crime, it's all over the news. This guy clearly threw the first stone in destroying these cruisers and there are professional photographs of him -- not some fuzzy cctv captures -- so why wouldn't they put out a public search for him. He could be easily identified by people who know him or eyes on the street.

Something's fishy here and I'd like to know what. If he's not a cop, I want the police to arrest him and bring him to justice for destroying our city's property. In fact, I'd like to kick in the balls myself.

I'm not the tin foil hat type but I buy this allegation. He certainly appears to be a cop from all the evidence pointed out.

If he were not, why would the police not have set out a very public search for this guy? Instantly after security camera footage is found from a suspect in a crime, it's all over the news. This guy clearly threw the first stone in destroying these cruisers and there are professional photographs of him -- not some fuzzy cctv captures -- so why wouldn't they put out a public search for him. He could be easily identified by people who know him or eyes on the street.

Something's fishy here and I'd like to know what. If he's not a cop, I want the police to arrest him and bring him to justice for destroying our city's property. In fact, I'd like to kick in the balls myself.

EXACTLY!

If he is still on the loose there is just no reasonable explanation why the cops would not release his picture to the media. I don't care how hot a trail they are on they would not want to risk him escaping the city or country.

If he has already been arrested I am also certain that the police would have announced this with great fanfare and released his picture along with an appeal to the public that if anyone witnessed him commit other crimes that they come forward. This has not happened!

The only press release on the Police site regarding G20 arrests concerns the British prank filmmaker who was charged with "impersonating a police officer" for jokingly telling a security guard that he was an undercover cop acting as an agent provocateur.

Over a 1000 arrests and the ONLY announcement of formal charges from the cops is some prankster who is guilty of having a poor sense of humour?

Last edited:
Forget Guantanamo Bay! The conditions were worse than Auschwitz!

Apparently so.

My friends and I talked about this tonight and one lady said, "It's jail. It's not a hotel room". What do people expect when they're arrested and detained? Special trreatment? Spas? Being spoon fed? Jails are not designed for comfort. People who were detained and then cried later about the insufferable conditions are acting like they were prisoners of war for years in some third world police state or something. It's embarassing.

Having lived through some truly nightmarish and terrifying conditions growing up, I can only imagine how any of those injustly detained protestors would have handled it. Apparently, people suffer complete meltdowns when locked up in jail for less than 24hrs in this country. You want nightmare stories?

Talk to my co-workers that fled El Salvador.

Last edited:

Back