News   Jul 16, 2024
 607     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 564     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 707     2 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

QAnon: The burning bush that talked to Moses was the result of the space laser (which had an angel inside the laser, which is not visible to anyone but Moses).

Anyone who actually read the Torah and/or Bible (including skeptics): Lasers aren't mentioned in the Book of Exodus at all.

Nah, that was just mushroom ingestion!

(also speculative, but at least conceivable and likely)

I wonder which is more morally bankrupt - the individual pushing these anti-Semitic notions or a party that chose to put said individual in a position of power knowing such for the sake of political expediency.

AoD

There's some quality snark in that piece!

1611935192745.png

What I really don't understand about these sorts of vague conspiracy theories is how anyone could think that people are at all capable of getting together, agreeing on something, keeping it secret, over many years.

Huge groups of very disparate people sometimes.

Like the UN ships at the edge of the flat Earth. All the scientists and politicians and soldiers on Earth are keeping that a secret from the rest of us.
What?!

People are too self-interested, greedy, selfish, mean, and dumb to keep huge machinations of any sort secret and working in the background for hundreds of years in the case of some conspiracies.

What I really don't understand about these sorts of vague conspiracy theories is how anyone could think that people are at all capable of getting together, agreeing on something, keeping it secret, over many years.

Huge groups of very disparate people sometimes.

Like the UN ships at the edge of the flat Earth. All the scientists and politicians and soldiers on Earth are keeping that a secret from the rest of us.
What?!

People are too self-interested, greedy, selfish, mean, and dumb to keep huge machinations of any sort secret and working in the background for hundreds of years in the case of some conspiracies.
Especially if said elaborate and secret conspiracy involves government employees.

My favourites are the secret underground military bases ready to imprison the population (we apparently have them too!) and secret hyper-speed transport tubes. (Virgin is apparently way behind the curve).

Funny thing is, depending on how it plays out (and she's showing every indication of digging in and doubling down), I can see the MTG crisis playing out as even more of a moment-of-reckoning for the GOP than anything Trump ever sparked--that is, you simply cannot camouflage this kind of open lunacy and psychosis; but what makes it all the more staggering is how it's part of a *mass* lunacy and psychosis. It truly compounds the Frankenstein monster represented by the Capitol riots--never mind the Trump "shoot a person on Fifth Avenue" hypothetical; here's an elected member of Congress who actually *could* wind up going out to shoot someone.

We're practically verging on Low Tax Looper country, now.

To Trump followers, follow these instructions...

How to Make an Effective Tinfoil Hat

From link.

Do you want aliens or the government reading your thoughts? No? That's what I figured. Better safe than sorry, pal. The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Paranormal teaches you how to protect what's in your head from an unwanted invasion.​
1. Measure your head.
Gather the dimensions of your scalp using a soft tape measure, measuring from the middle of your forehead to the base of your skull.​
2. Unroll tinfoil.
Using clean, premium-brand foil that has not been used to wrap food, measure double the length from your forehead to skull, plus four inches. Detach the foil using the serrated edge of the box and fold the foil in half, shiny side facing out.​
3. Mold the hat to your head.
Carefully place the sheet of foil over your head and scrunch it down to follow the shape of your skull, as would a shower cap or helmet. If any exposed scalp remains, attach additional pieces of foil to cover; adhere using clear tape.​
4. At each temple, poke a quarter-inch hold on either side of the foil.
5. Create a chin strap.
Unroll an additional three-inch strip of foil and fold it over twice, creating a durable, double-folded chin strap.​
6. Thread the chin strap through the holes and attach with clear tape.
7. Don your hat.
Wear your hat in any place and anytime you wish to screen your thoughts from extraterrestrial-alien, governmental, or other types of surveillance.​
Be Aware
Tinfoil hats are based on science: A layer of aluminum protects whatever lies beneath it from radio-frequency electromagnetic radiation.​
For maximum protection, wrap foil around not just the head, but the entire face and skull.​

You're laughing, but I'm pretty sure my upstairs neighbour has been building himself a faraday cage for his whole flat from the inside. He's up all night building things, it seems. Ever since the plague hit, he seems to have stopped working and is just up and banging away at all hours.

He works in IT apparently and is a massive conspiracy weenie.

You're laughing, but I'm pretty sure my upstairs neighbour has been building himself a faraday cage for his whole flat from the inside. He's up all night building things, it seems. Ever since the plague hit, he seems to have stopped working and is just up and banging away at all hours.

He works in IT apparently and is a massive conspiracy weenie.
Looks like 5G will not be coming to your flat.

That is what online radicalization does!

Actually, it's what poor education does.

When one isn't educated in rhetoric and logic it's easy to fall prey to fanciful ideas when they're presented in a compelling way.
They all just feed each other and not being able to think about information presented to you and taking it at face value leads to being easily led astray as well as to perpetuate the nonsense.

The online nonsense is just a symptom, not a cause. Poor education is the cause here, let's not get it twisted!

Looks like 5G will not be coming to your flat.

What? Why me?! I'm below the guy, I can still get radio frequencies in here....in fact, I regularly listen to CIUT.

Also, I'm moving 15 floors up next week so bye bye crazy neighbour!

I'll be closer to the receivers on the rooftop so I'll get even more RF up in my place. :D

bizarro-world-1.png

From link.

They stormed the Capitol to overturn the results of an election they didn't vote in

From link.

They were there to "Stop the Steal" and to keep the President they revered in office, yet records show that some of the rioters who stormed the US Capitol did not vote in the very election they were protesting.

One was Donovan Crowl, an ex-Marine who charged toward a Capitol entrance in paramilitary garb on January 6 as the Pro-Trump crowd chanted "who's our President?"

Federal authorities later identified Crowl, 50, as a member of a self-styled militia organization in his home state of Ohio and affiliated with the extremist group the Oath Keepers. His mother told CNN that he previously told her "they were going to overtake the government if they...tried to take Trump's presidency from him." She said he had become increasingly angry during the Obama administration and that she was aware of his support for former President Donald Trump.
Despite these apparent pro-Trump views, a county election official in Ohio told CNN that he registered in 2013 but "never voted nor responded to any of our confirmation notices to keep him registered," so he was removed from the voter rolls at the end of 2020 and the state said he was not registered in Ohio. A county clerk in Illinois, where Crowl was once registered, also confirmed he was not an active voter anywhere in the state.

Crowl was indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of destruction of government property and conspiracy for allegedly coordinating with others to plan their attack. He remains in custody after a judge said, "The suggestion to release him to a residence with nine firearms is a non-starter." In an interview cited by the government, Crowl told the New Yorker that he had peaceful intentions and claimed he had protected the police. Crowl's attorney did not provide a comment about his client's voting record.
Donovan Crowl was indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of destruction of government property and conspiracy.

Many involved in the insurrection professed to be motivated by patriotism, falsely declaring that Trump was the rightful winner of the election. Yet at least eight of the people who are now facing criminal charges for their involvement in the events at the Capitol did not vote in the November 2020 presidential election, according to an analysis of voting records from the states where protestors were arrested and those states where public records show they have lived. They came from states around the country and ranged in age from 21 to 65.

To determine who voted in November, CNN obtained voting records for more than 80 of the initial arrestees. Most voted in the presidential election, and while many were registered Republicans, a handful were registered as Democrats in those jurisdictions that provided party information -- though who someone votes for is not publicly disclosed. Public access to voter history records varies by state, and CNN was unable to view the records of some of those charged.
Among those who didn't vote were a 65-year-old Georgia man who, according to government documents, was found in his van with a fully-loaded pistol and ammunition, and a Louisiana man who publicly bragged about spending nearly two hours inside the Capitol after attending Trump's "Stop the Steal" rally. Another was a 21-year-old woman from Missouri who prosecutors say shared a video on Snapchat that showed her parading around with a piece of a wooden sign from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office. And a Florida man previously convicted of attempted murder who was accused by the government of refusing to leave the Capitol likely did not have the option to cast a ballot because of his unpaid court fines.

Jessica Stern, a Boston University professor who has spent around 30 years researching extremists, said that while she hasn't spoken with the individuals involved in the events at the Capitol, from her interviews with other violent extremists, she believes a number of factors could have been at play. They could have believed the system was rigged, as the "Stop the Steal" movement claims, in which case there would be no point in voting. They could be more attracted to the theater, violence or attention they would get from a demonstration like the one at the Capitol than to actually achieving their purported goal -- in this case, different election results.
Stern speculated that it was a combination of these reasons, adding that feelings of anger and humiliation often draw people to extremist groups and violence. She said that for someone to actually cast a vote, "you would have to believe in the ethic of voting more than you thought it was a waste of time...and see it as a moral imperative. You have to believe the system works for everyone, that it's for the good of the country."

Jack Griffith, a 25-year-old from Tennessee, trumpeted his arrival in Washington DC with a Facebook post saying, "THE CAVALRY IS COMING!!!!," using the hashtag "#MAGA," according to court documents. Shortly after leaving the Capitol on January 6, he posted a message of disappointment. "I hate to be that guy, but The New World Order beat us," he wrote. "Trump was our greatest champion, and it still wasn't enough. He tried his very best. He did so much, but he's only one man...I even helped stormed(sic) the capitol today, but it only made things worse...Why, God? Why? WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US? Unless...Trump still has a plan?"
These online missives describing his participation in the Capitol siege were later used by the Department of Justice to build a criminal case against him. Griffith faces a number of charges, including violent entry or disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds.

Election data from Tennessee and Alabama, where public records show Griffith had lived, showed that he had voted in the 2016 and 2018 elections but not the 2020 presidential election. The public defender who initially represented him declined to comment. Another attorney listed as representing him now did not respond to requests for comment....

Trump's Scottish golf courses could be seized by the government under a plan to force him to reveal their funding

From link.

Scotland's Parliament is set to vote on Wednesday on a motion calling for Donald Trump to explain how he paid for his lavish Scottish golf courses — part of an order that could ultimately lead the government to seize the courses.

The motion asks First Minister Nicola Sturgeon to issue an "unexplained wealth order" requiring Trump to explain how he paid for Turnberry and Trump International Scotland, his two luxury golf clubs in Scotland, or risk having them seized.

The so-called "McMafia" powers, introduced in the UK in 2018, allow ministers to require a person to explain the source of their wealth if there are reasonable grounds to believe they acquired properties in the UK through illicit means. If the person fails to explain the source of their wealth, those properties can be confiscated.

Patrick Harvie, a co-leader of the Scottish Green Party, said the action would challenge the government to "hold Trump's business dealings accountable." Harvie is an opposition MP who sits among five Scottish Greens colleagues in Holyrood.

Trump's global network of golf clubs has consistently posted huge losses. Last year, a bombshell New York Times investigation into his taxes found that his 15 golf courses, including the two in Scotland, had lost $315.6 million since 2000.

The Scottish Green Party said that there were "serious questions around the legality of Donald Trump's investments in Scotland" and that the investigations he faces in the US over his business dealings meant he should also face scrutiny in Scotland.
The vote is nonbinding, meaning it cannot compel Sturgeon to act. Scotland's government has previously insisted that only the lord advocate, the country's most senior legal official, can initiate unexplained wealth orders against individuals.

However, the Scottish Greens have said that legal advice published by the campaign group Avaaz indicates that Sturgeon herself can seek a UWO.

The party has also said that if the motion passes, it will put pressure on Sturgeon to follow through on Parliament's demand.

A Scottish government representative said in a statement: "Any decision on whether to apply to the Court of Session for an Unexplained Wealth Order is made on behalf of Scottish Ministers by the Civil Recovery Unit [CRU] which reports to the Lord Advocate.

"This decision-making process is an operational matter for the CRU. It would not be appropriate for the Scottish Government to comment on this."

Eric Trump, the former president's son and the vice president of the Trump Organization, which owns the courses, said Harvie's behavior would deter prospective investors in Scotland.

"Patrick Harvie is nothing more than a national embarrassment with his pathetic antics that only serve himself and his political agenda," he said in a statement cited by The Guardian.

Back