News   Aug 14, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Aug 14, 2024
 792     0 
News   Aug 14, 2024
 596     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

The fact that a pillow's taken on outsize prominence within a certain realm simply because the CEO's "on political side" really tells you how culturally meagre and self-starved the MAGAsphere is.

This is, really, like some kind of late-Soviet-Bloc scenario where Dean Reed is what passes for a "Western" musical superstar.
Even MAGA edgelords need MyPillow.

MyPillow now even makes mattresses:

Apparently, Lindell considers the likes of Casper and Endy as being for "Hollywood liberal elites" and his mattress being a moral substitute for them.

Easy boycott for me. I don't buy products from sleaze bag infomercial guys.
MyPillow, as with the vast majority of infomercials with loud-mouthed personalities, is primarily targeted to a certain group of boomers who grew up during the Red Scare who now have too much free time on their hands and lack critical thinking skills (they are often too lazy to research other pillows and/or read reviews (especially critical reviews) before buying).

MyPillow is far from being the only pillow brand to have shredded memory foam cores (despite being patented) as there are many better pillows with similar shredded memory foam cores (to avoid patent infringement but are sometimes superior to that of MyPillow) for a better price than MyPillow. Amazon alone has a plethora of such shredded memory foam pillows.

Thus, it's an easy boycott for me as well. I am happy with my solid "Swiss cheese" gel memory foam pillow I bought many years ago.

Last edited:
MyPillow, as with the vast majority of infomercials with loud-mouthed personalities, is primarily targeted to a certain group of boomers who grew up during the Red Scare who now have too much free time on their hands and lack critical thinking skills (they are often too lazy to research other pillows and/or read reviews (especially critical reviews) before buying).

MyPillow is far from being the only pillow brand to have shredded memory foam cores (despite being patented) as there are many better pillows with similar shredded memory foam cores (to avoid patent infringement but are sometimes superior to that of MyPillow) for a better price than MyPillow. Amazon alone has a plethora of such shredded memory foam pillows.

Thus, it's an easy boycott for me as well. I am happy with my solid "Swiss cheese" gel memory foam pillow I bought many years ago.

Or even pre-boomers. But given the roots of a lot of this modern-day conservative media in talk radio, and said talk radio frequently rising out of the ashes of Top 40 (often involving the same personalities), it's a little like people hard-wired by the limited musical selection of such radio and unable to look beyond that "familiar" matrix.

Though then there's this matter via Wikipedia...
During the 1980s and 1990s, Lindell was addicted to cocaine, crack cocaine, and alcohol, leading to foreclosure of his house, and his wife filing for divorce. Lindell stated that he achieved sobriety through prayer in 2009, and, since then, has been clean.

And
Scientists Establish A Link Between Brain Damage And Religious Fundamentalism (churchandstate.org.uk)

In conclusion, these findings suggest that impaired functioning in the prefrontal cortex—whether from brain trauma, a psychological disorder, a drug or alcohol addiction, or simply a particular genetic profile—can make an individual susceptible to religious fundamentalism.

Given how many boomers are survivors of a post-Woodstock milieu of Me Generation do-your-own-thing self-indulgence, there's probably a whole lot of that kind of unspoken damage going on.

Not to mention that born-again wasn't the end of Lindell's marital woes...
Inside The MyPillow Guy's Relationship With His Ex-Wife (thelist.com)

Or even pre-boomers. But given the roots of a lot of this modern-day conservative media in talk radio, and said talk radio frequently rising out of the ashes of Top 40 (often involving the same personalities), it's a little like people hard-wired by the limited musical selection of such radio and unable to look beyond that "familiar" matrix.

Though then there's this matter via Wikipedia...

And
Scientists Establish A Link Between Brain Damage And Religious Fundamentalism (churchandstate.org.uk)

Given how many boomers are survivors of a post-Woodstock milieu of Me Generation do-your-own-thing self-indulgence, there's probably a whole lot of that kind of unspoken damage going on.

Not to mention that born-again wasn't the end of Lindell's marital woes...
Inside The MyPillow Guy's Relationship With His Ex-Wife (thelist.com)
From The List, it states that Lindell doesn't even have any formal medical training and he claims that his pillow can cure various health problems. Many of these claims are placebos at best and pseudoscience at worst. His BOGO offers broke many advertising laws and had to pay about a million-dollar fine as a result.

Yet, millions believe that every word of this brain-damaged born-again former crack addict and alcoholic without any formal medical training is true.

Last edited:
Minneapolis police fatally shot a Black man in the course of a stop/arrest tonight.

It does appear as though the deceased, was both armed and fired at the officers first; but details are still a bit fuzzy.

Should be body cam footage available tomorrow.

How to make yourself popular:

Ya know...........here's the thing I don't get............

Suppose this person believes the vaccine is a giant conspiracy, blah blah.

Ok, just for the moment lets pretend we sympathize.

So you destroyed 500 doses of vaccine out of what will be Billions.

So you destroyed less than 0.0001% of doses.

What exactly did you accomplish from your own perspective?

You put your job at risk (person has been fired); you risk criminal charges (mischief, destruction of property); conceivably, if there was a list of people to get those doses of vaccine, and one were to die of Covid..........
a much more serious criminal charge.

So in summation, you likely didn't stop anyone from getting the vaccine; didn't take any money out of the pocket of the vaccine maker, risked your income and your freedom and got what?

There's just layers of stupid here.

Far-right Reddit clone Voat went kaput for good on Christmas Day due to lack of funding:

This is what happens when a website is too toxic for the vast majority of major advertisers (aside from those selling a certain brand of shredded memory foam pillows). Its co-founder and CEO simply ran out of funds and its angel investors backed out on March and Voat was on borrowed time until its inevitable demise. Voat was also unable to collect donations from users since many major payment processors don't want to be associated with toxicity.

Voat is proof the free market does not favour absolute free speech. Advertisers and payment processors have to maintain reputation after all. No reputable business wants to be associated with toxicity as being associated with toxicity will lead to boycotts.

Last edited:
Far-right Reddit clone Voat went kaput for good on Christmas Day due to lack of funding:

This is what happens when a website is too toxic for the vast majority of major advertisers (aside from those selling a certain brand of shredded memory foam pillows). Its co-founder and CEO simply ran out of funds and its angel investors backed out on March and Voat was on borrowed time until its inevitable demise. Voat was also unable to collect donations from users since many major payment processors don't want to be associated with toxicity.

Voat is proof the free market does not favour absolute free speech. Advertisers and payment processors have to maintain reputation after all. No reputable business wants to be associated with toxicity as being associated with toxicity will lead to boycotts.

Absolutely - look at how quickly Chick-Fil-A reversed their homophobic stance once the firestorm of publicity about it began.

This is what happens when a website is too toxic for the vast majority of major advertisers (aside from those selling a certain brand of shredded memory foam pillows).

I don't think it's the MyPillow types of advertisers it would have been dependent upon, so much as those inferred here

PayPal also suspended Voat's account in 2015, amid allegations the platform was hosting sexually explicit images of minors. Voat removed several forums in the wake of the suspension, including the ones dedicated to "jailbait," and switched to accepting donations in digital currencies such as bitcoin.

Though I *suppose* that those who frequent such sites might offer the whataboutism argument re alt-weeklies being far-left politically-correct high-horse rags that were propped up for years by sex ads; and then when all of that migrated to the Internet, said alt-weeklies went out of business, etc etc...

How to make yourself popular:

Update, on the consequences for this particular variety of stupid.

In addition to being fired.............

The pharmacist in question has now been arrested.

From the link above:

The pharmacist, a resident of Grafton who was not identified, could face charges of first-degree recklessly endangering safety, adultering a prescription drug, and criminal damage to property.
All three charges are felonies

Back