News   Aug 15, 2024
 246     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 427     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 606     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

Why does it even need to go to the SCOTUS? If the evidence is that clear, it would have been resolved at the state courts - like they are now. This isn't 2000 - when there was a 500 vote gap in one state that determines the fate of the election.

AoD

Indeed, Biden's narrowest lead in any of the "contested" states is 12 thousand in Arizona.

Why does it even need to go to the SCOTUS? If the evidence is that clear, it would have been resolved at the state courts - like they are now. This isn't 2000 - when there was a 500 vote gap in one state that determines the fate of the election.

AoD

I think only one of the cases reached SCOTUS and that wasn't even heard by the full bench. Despite the best hopes of Trumpers, the courts see through all this and are dismissing cases fairly quickly after they are filed. I saw one case (I think it was Michigan) dismissed in 90 mins. LOL.

I think only one of the cases reached SCOTUS and that wasn't even heard by the full bench. Despite the best hopes of Trumpers, the courts see through all this and are dismissing cases fairly quickly after they are filed. I saw one case (I think it was Michigan) dismissed in 90 mins. LOL.

Have you read some of the poll watcher affidavits? The amount of ludicrousness just invites slapdowns. This is stalling for time - to delay certification before the EC.

AoD

One analysis I heard is that the vote fraud is a distraction/smokescreen for the real aim: have large swaths of ballots thrown out that could give Trump a technical victory (such as where poll observers were kept too far away from vote counting). If not this, to tie up states in litigation so that they do not certify results in time and republican state legislators send Trump electors, and finally, tie up enough states so that neither candidate receives 270 EC votes and causing a contingent election, where Republican advantage in small states would allow them to elect Trump.

I find all these scenarios to be quite unlikely, but if they were successful, it would indeed be the darkest timeline. You'd have two presidents who claim legitimacy, and recognized by a mix of foreign leaders. There would be blood in the streets. The fact that so many Republicans are playing along with this is pretty disturbing.

The explanation one commentator gave as to why so many are playing along is because they don't want to burn bridges should Trump wish to run again in 2024.

One analysis I heard is that the vote fraud is a distraction/smokescreen for the real aim: have large swaths of ballots thrown out that could give Trump a technical victory (such as where poll observers were kept too far away from vote counting). If not this, to tie up states in litigation so that they do not certify results in time and republican state legislators send Trump electors, and finally, tie up enough states so that neither candidate receives 270 EC votes and causing a contingent election, where Republican advantage in small states would allow them to elect Trump.

I find all these scenarios to be quite unlikely, but if they were successful, it would indeed be the darkest timeline. You'd have two presidents who claim legitimacy, and recognized by a mix of foreign leaders. There would be blood in the streets. The fact that so many Republicans are playing along with this is pretty disturbing.

Yes, I have heard that strategy as well - the only problem with it is that it will basically blow up the entire electoral system on the basis of unproved claims of fraud when you have a result that isn't even close. It would be a true death knell. I don't see the stomach for that route though considering 8 in 10 Americans already consider Biden to be the winner:

Even taking into account possibility of polling errors and whatnot, that's still a definitive majority of Americans.

AoD

Yes, I have heard that strategy as well - the only problem with it is that it will basically blow up the entire electoral system on the basis of unproved claims of fraud when you have a result that isn't even close. It would be a true death knell. I don't see the stomach for that route though considering 8 in 10 Americans already consider Biden to be the winner:

Even taking into account possibility of polling errors and whatnot, that's still a definitive majority of Americans.

AoD
Given the poll results, there is no doubt OANN, Newsmax, Sky News Australia, New Tang Dynasty Television, and Gnews (far-right Chinese American news channel) viewers are tinfoil hat-wearing quacks who believe in QAnon. Calling them quacks is an insult to ducks.

Here are great subreddits for those dealing with loved ones who succumbed to far-right quack conspiracy theories (QAnonCasualties and FoxBrain):

Here are great subreddits for those dealing with loved ones who succumbed to far-right quack conspiracy theories (QAnonCasualties and FoxBrain):

Interesting. From some of the evidence there (including Alex Jones egging them on), it sounds like my longstanding postulation of potential QAnon mass suicide remains a looming, potential thing...

Each Justice is designated as a 'circuit justice' for each 'circuit' (area/region) of the US and has first jurisdiction for certain matters. I recall the news item but don't remember which Justice or where the matter - I think it was an application for injunction - was heard.

I find it interesting that the Democrats would apparently go to all the trouble of manipulating the election in favour of their Presidential candidate but apparently blow it for their House and Senate candidates. All part of the grand conspiracy I guess.

Back