21     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 3.1K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.2K     3 

Flying American flags in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first girlfriend was American and decades later... my last girlfriend (hopefully meaning most recent) was American. It just doesn't work out... cultural differences I assume.

I realize this post isn't helpful... but I've seen way too much stars and stripes.

Perhaps you should review the meaning of the word "ancedotal" ;)

It has nothing to do with anecdotal. Your experiences do not cancel my experiences out. Simple as that (though you don't seem to get it).

It has nothing to do with anecdotal. Your experiences do not cancel my experiences out. Simple as that (though you don't seem to get it).

...and you don't seem to understand that your ancedotal 'evidence' is simply meaningless.

Jesus, give it up already. I pointed out an experience of mine. It happened to me , I heard it, and whether you believe it or not is completely immaterial. If you can't deal with people putting such sentences on a bulletin board like this then maybe you should just ignore the whole thing.

Get over yourself.

If you can't deal with people putting such sentences on a bulletin board like this then maybe you should just ignore the whole thing.

Dude...you're the one who keeps dragging this out...you're the one who went on the attack, because you don't understand what an ancedote is...calm down, go out for a walk...it's nice out there.

Get over yourself.

Says the angry hypocrite....take your own advice little one.

Here is your original response to my post. Note the bolded section.

I don't know how many times you've heard that either...once maybe?
I've never heard it, so I guess our ancedotal evidence cancels each other out ;)

You don't know. Period.

Every subsequent response of yours follows from your original, and self-acknowledged, position of ignorance concerning my experiences.

Get over yourself already.

wow dude, you've really got a pickle lodged up there don't you?

You clearly don't understand what an ancedote is....it doesn't mean fact, it means it's something you, and you alone, have observed and have falsly presented as truth.
I simply corrected you on this, and you went off on your little tirade.

When one, such as yourself, resorts to "get over yourself", it reveals a great deal about your character...you don't like to be wrong, when shown that you are, you get mouth frothingly angry...it's not healthy.
Perhaps you need a break , take my advice and go for a walk. ;)

wow dude, you've really got a pickle lodged up there don't you?

You're the one who can't let this go.

What I presented was an experience of mine. You can see that from my original post. It is very obvious - except to you. The fact that it does not match your experience simply means that it does not match your experience. That's it. That's all. It is my experience. Get it?

you don't like to be wrong, when shown that you are...

Prove that I did not have these experiences - the ones I noted in the original post. Let me repost it for you:

I don't know how many times I've heard some Canadians complain about how unpatriotic we are when compared to Americans.

Notice the use of "I." This makes reference to my experiences, not yours. I was there, you were not. Can you disprove my experience? Otherwise, get over your epistemological confusion over "facts" and "truths." That you have such great difficulty dealing with the statement that I made above is completely foolish on your part.

And get over yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back