Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

So then that means Tower 2 is officially becoming registered by Oct 30. Hopefully Tower 3 isn't far behind!

Yeah lets certainly hope so, I believe they started to occupy around the same time so hopefully tower three should not be that far off, Tower three is still very empty though, not that that has anything to do with registration. The lucky ones will be those that have occupancy dates in 2015. They may be able to avoid occupancy fees altogether.

Yeah lets certainly hope so, I believe they started to occupy around the same time so hopefully tower three should not be that far off, Tower three is still very empty though, not that that has anything to do with registration. The lucky ones will be those that have occupancy dates in 2015. They may be able to avoid occupancy fees altogether.

Yeah.... looking at the parking spaces in my area, it doesn't feel like the building is much filled. On my floor of 12 suites, I think only 4 (including my own) are currently occupied.

I am waiting at the phase 1 ground floor lobby with many neighbors. Firefighters are here. They are still trying to locate the source.

It's coming from between 4th and 5th floor. Water coming down from ceiling of unit 421. I was in front of the unit. 5th floor all dry (at least) from the hallway

Did someone on the 5th floor leave the tap running on a clogged sink or something?

Nope. You will see water in the 5th floor as well if this is the case. The amount of water that coming down is like a river. It's not coming from someone forgot to turn off the water.

To my tower 1 neighbours: around 11pm, I heard the best case scenario would be having one elevator up and running by Saturday noon. Let's hope for the best.

Anyone else's water turned off? I tried the taps and nothing came out. I decided to stay with family tonight; can someone notify us in this thread when 1) water is running again and 2) the elevators are back online? Thanks!

To all those on floors 5 and below; so sorry this happened to you guys. Hope that your unit stays dry.

Hi enigma0t,

I wouldnt suggest getting your own keys elsewhere. I tried that and the keys didnt work. They use a special key that costs more at the key cutting places anyway. I went to three places and the keys didnt work. I ended up going back to the concierge to have them cut at $10 each.

I tried to get an extra access card/fob too, and they wouldn't give it to me because they want to restrict access to only residents.

I wonder if it's cheaper if I just went to a key shop and have a key copied on my own. Also, I wonder if I'd be breaking any sort of condo by-laws if I did that.

I haven't talked to property management yet. But the concierge told me that anyone who is NOT a resident is supposed to park in visitor's parking in P1. They'd have to report who they are and who they are visiting, but otherwise would not need a fob. And if that person happens to have their own key, then that person should be able to get in and out as they please.

Back