News   May 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 

Dufferin Street: Eliminating the jog

Hey! I found renderings of the public art via the Torontoist article as well:

luisjacob_2829_large.jpg

luisjacob_2822_large.jpg

luisjacob_2833_large.jpg

luisjacob_2863_large.jpg

Crazy Rorschach painting. I see demons. Hmm, maybe owls on acid? (me being on acid, not the owls, well, what the hell, the owls too. Here owl, have a hit.)
Source:http://www.toronto.ca/culture/public_art/luisjacob.htm
Other info: http://torontoist.com/2009/05/the_dufferin_jog_where_art_meets_un.php

20090518dufferinjog5.jpg

20090518dufferinjog4.jpg

I have no idea if I like these or not. Can't wait to see them though.

This thing has slow to a crawl. The only thing I saw new on Sat was the 3 support caisson with re-bar to hold up the 3 existing bridges support beam.

No way will this underpass open In June as plan. Maybe Sept.

Does anyone know the timeline for the railpath connection? I know the longer-term plan is to eventually connect even further south (and we did receive a notice from the city about the path closer to King / Strachan) but will the railpath be connected to Queen / Dufferin for when the jog opens?

Does anyone know the timeline for the railpath connection? I know the longer-term plan is to eventually connect even further south (and we did receive a notice from the city about the path closer to King / Strachan) but will the railpath be connected to Queen / Dufferin for when the jog opens?

I believe that the powers that be have not yet decided on the most important connection piece of the railpath, the section from Dundas to Landsdowne. This must be figured out due to the fact that if the current trail is extended south it will run directly into GO's Barrie line, hence the requirement for a very large bridge or a slight route detour (>100m) on Dundas then down along the edge of the No Frill's along the Barrie line. I have previously attempted to get the answer to how it will connect but I keep coming up empty.

There is a recent update at http://www.junctiontriangle.ca/node/108 - it's not dead but it looks like it will be years before works starts on Phase II :(

When will this open to vehicular traffic?

It was scheduled to open this summer but that's very unlikely. I'd say early fall at best.

I saw a published report that pegged it to open June 2010....this fall does seem more likely based on the recent photos posted.

April 14
From what I was seeing today, either steel or precast columns are going to go up to support the precast/steel beam the will be supporting the bridges. The anchor bolts are about 4" round. They final started to cut the shoring beam be low the road slap that is in place now. Should know in the next week or two as what is going to place to support the bridges. The existing wall has been drill to put in the support rods to hold the new to the old.

Back