News   May 28, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   May 28, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 563     0 

Dufferin Street: Eliminating the jog

I think the reason I like this project so much is the same reason I liked the Simcoe underpass project.

They are example of "little" projects that will make a big impact. Too often (IMO) we get hooked on "mega" projects and lose sight of the value of smaller, incremental improvements.

Each of these projects represent a connection of two disconnected roads and, relative to the time and money spent, will greatly improve mobility in their neighbourhoods.

In times of tight funding constraints we would do well to look for more projects like this (either roadway or transit) and build out from them.

I think the reason I like this project so much is the same reason I liked the Simcoe underpass project.

They are example of "little" projects that will make a big impact. Too often (IMO) we get hooked on "mega" projects and lose sight of the value of smaller, incremental improvements.

Each of these projects represent a connection of two disconnected roads and, relative to the time and money spent, will greatly improve mobility in their neighbourhoods.

In times of tight funding constraints we would do well to look for more projects like this (either roadway or transit) and build out from them.

That's what I've always said too, and the Dufferin project has the added advantage of benefitting each and every mode of transportation. The entire west end of the city, around Keele, Roger Road, Black Creek, Davenport, etc. suffers from discontinuities in the street grid. The way that streets connect to each other should be revisitied.

He was joking. Those are temporary columns required due to the thickness and weight of the concrete that was poured. They will remove them after the concrete has set to the appropriate strength.

He was joking. Those are temporary columns required due to the thickness and weight of the concrete that was poured. They will remove them after the concrete has set to the appropriate strength.

Will be remove once the next section is pour. It help to take the load off roof where it stop so the next section can be built and obtain the appropriate strength.

Whachamacallits being put into position.

IMG00122-20100424-1435.jpg

IMG00123-20100424-1436.jpg

Last edited:
They come in all colours.

Look at the amount of bolts for that moment connection.

Now that support is in place, time to get on with the rest of the work.

I would say off hand, we are looking at an September opening of the Jog now, not June as plan.

Back