News   Jul 25, 2024
 332     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 522     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 455     0 

Downtown Porsche (64 Parliament St , 2s)

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
New Downtown Porsche location at the northwest corner of Front and Parliament
DowntownPorsche-Jan9,10(2).jpg

Nice to see something fill in that empty lot, even if it is a car dealership. That intersection always felt kind of desolate. Are they going to tear down the old one on King and excavate for artifacts?

so, correct me if I am wrong... that is directly across the street from their old location? And this used to be a Staples, right?

^ My mistake, I should have said on Front. The new one is diagonally across the street. Directly across the street is Budget Rent A Car , a car wash and a very large empty lot.

Nice to see something fill in that empty lot, even if it is a car dealership. That intersection always felt kind of desolate. Are they going to tear down the old one on King and excavate for artifacts?

It's not just a car dealership, it's Porsche. Their old one wasn't spectacular, but that aluminum look pulls off well on most of their locations.

Was this the site of the first Parliament Buildings for Upper Canada or did the province step in and purchase the property? I can't remember how that whole issue was resolved.

With many people getting off on the streetcar and walking down to the Distillery, it seems like a real lost opportunity to build a variety of retail frontages along this strip of Parliament. The single use of the car dealership kills it (at least for this block).

Last edited:
does anyone know the approximate address of this new site?

Mods may want to add ADDRESS to thread title??

Application: Mechanical(MS) Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 08 210406 HVA 00 MS Issued Date: Nov 4, 2009

Project: Car Dealership Building Permit Related(MS)

Description: HVAC - Proposal to constuct a 2 sty car dealership. Tenant - "Porche". See Demo 08 210402. 64-70 Parliament St.

Application: Mechanical(MS) Status: Permit Issued

Description: HVAC - Proposal to constuct a 2 sty car dealership. Tenant - "Porche". See Demo 08 210402. 64-70 Parliament St.

Porsche, not Porche!

This development looks to be centered on the intersection of Parliament & Front, while the Parliament & King section is barren to date. I hope a parking lot does not front King, which would benefit from some quality frontage.

Well the Parliament/Front part is already up 2 stories so its covered while Parliament/King is still empty. I don't think you are going to get your wish unless they are building upon the entire block.

Back