News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

I believe in Tory's last interview on City Pulse 24 he said he would have shovels on the ground before the next election or something. He's a load of shit haha. Seriously don't vote for Tory if you actually want to see SSE in your life.

I believe Tory will deliver the SSE eventually. He's just also happens to be a professional bullshitter, perhaps better than any other politician I've known.

His ability to lie through his teeth and make anything sound reasonable seriously impresses me.

I believe Tory will deliver the SSE eventually. He's just also happens to be a professional bullshitter, perhaps better than any other politician I've known.

His ability to lie through his teeth and make anything sound reasonable seriously impresses me.
We can already see there is no point in delaying a major transportation project of this magnitude. The cost would just continue to escalate. If it's financially unfeasible now with the current price tag, then it will be even more unfeasible in a couple of years when the price doubles.

We can already see there is no point in delaying a major transportation project of this magnitude. The cost would just continue to escalate. If it's financially unfeasible now with the current price tag, then it will be even more unfeasible in a couple of years when the price doubles.

Tory is likely delaying things slightly to scave off any extra attacks and ensure he gets elected first but also to ensure all current projects stay moving forward. Work will continue to deliver both the DRL, SSE and some LRT. The main reason is the Feds have come forward with some funding which open up the DRL and for this reason now is not the time to start any further chaos. Most Politicians recognize this. I give 1% chance SSE gets cancelled and that's on the high end under Tory and any Provincial Government.

Its very low odds Tory can be defeated but possible, slimmer odds the Province changes their strong support for the SSE, and ever slimmer odds Scarborough council just willingly accepts any cancellation in manner that helps the City move transit forward. Id give a 25% chance at best the SSE is cancelled in the event Tory is defeated by a pro Downtown Left candidate and that would be the start of a new era of municipal chaos. Without a Left Mayoral challenger who wants to move forward with a similar transit plan I believe Tory walks away and is supported with the current scheme.

Last edited:
I believe in Tory's last interview on City Pulse 24 he said he would have shovels on the ground before the next election or something. He's a load of shit haha. Seriously don't vote for Tory if you actually want to see SSE in your life.

The problem is Tory is our best shot at actually getting SSE built. If someone from the Left gets in I fear the project will die for certain.

Scarborough RT could be shut down for 'at least a year', internal documents reveal...

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_h...t-least-a-year-internal-documents-reveal.html

Emails obtained in a freedom of information request made by the advocacy group Scarborough Transit Action and provided to the Star, reveal that in July 2017, Metrolinx told the city there was no way to build a new, contentious Lawrence East GO station and keep the SRT operational.

City and provincial officials have both told the Star that they now think a shutdown can be avoided, but they have not yet agreed on a possible solution.
They should drop that option and add Lawrence East Station on the subway, for the love of god. Shutting down the RT is not an option without an alternative.

Scarborough RT could be shut down for 'at least a year', internal documents reveal...

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_h...t-least-a-year-internal-documents-reveal.html

Emails obtained in a freedom of information request made by the advocacy group Scarborough Transit Action and provided to the Star, reveal that in July 2017, Metrolinx told the city there was no way to build a new, contentious Lawrence East GO station and keep the SRT operational.

City and provincial officials have both told the Star that they now think a shutdown can be avoided, but they have not yet agreed on a possible solution.
While I believe it would be possible to construct Lawrence East station without closing the SRT, it would obviously require offsetting the double track and platforms in the corridor. Even though I won’t ever see it in my life, just knowing that the tracks will be off centre from the overpass(es) is going to be torture. LITERALLY UNUNSEEABLE!

They should drop that option and add Lawrence East Station on the subway, for the love of god. Shutting down the RT is not an option without an alternative.
$$$

We should just upgrade the thing to Bombardier Mark 3 trains and save a couple of billion dollars.

We should just upgrade the thing to Bombardier Mark 3 trains and save a couple of billion dollars.
That would be impossible, because SSE supporters deem the transfer at Kennedy unacceptable. Makes sense - nobody else in Toronto ever has to transfer. Anyway, the argument for SSE is never about cost or value - Tory actually has the gall to prevent us knowing a more accurate estimate before we vote next fall. It’s about the mobilization of Scarborough voters around their perception of justice, equity and respect, and the inability of the rest of us to coalesce around a politician or party who dares to call bullshit.

The solution is to drop the Lawrence East “SmartTrack” station. The only thing that station serves is Tory’s political ambitions.

Back