News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

Are you asking for the Business Case?

I got two. One dated to June 2016, and the update dated to February 2017. I also have the Metrolinx subway feasibility report from 2013.

No, it wasn't any of those reports and certainly wasn't as far back as 2013. We saw it in Fall, was technical and focused on the construction aspects. Also showed a cross-section with line depths and whatnot.

The website says The EPR for the Scarborough Subway Extension transit project is now available review starting on August 24, 2017 and ending on September 25, 2017. The EPR is on the project’s website at www.scarboroughsubwayextension.ca and at the locations listed below. However there is nothing there. It was hosted then removed.

I wish UT had some kind of public document archive. The amount of transit-related documents floating around is staggering, and their presence on the internet is fragile.

That is an excellent idea.

AoD

In a similar vain, I think the idea of an editable UT-wiki page was thrown around in a Forum Issues thread once. I thought that would be cool too.

But I would definitely settle for a UT document-library.

In a similar vain, I think the idea of an editable UT-wiki page was thrown around in a Forum Issues thread once. I thought that would be cool too.

But I would definitely settle for a UT document-library.
Similar to my idea of having a "Table of Contents" for the 'Transportation and Infrastructure' sub-forum, and also one for each individual thread. And in the table of contents, it can have links to files and have a good description of the topic, much better than what is currently in most threads where the first post never gets updated.

It seems like this line is indeed in trouble if the costs keep ballooning up. It also seems like our mayor is trying to use this line to earn votes, but it may not actually end up being built considering crucial details are being hidden until after the election.

Very sad about how things are going atm for this line. TBH it seems like we might get something done under Doug Ford rather than John Tory at this rate.

It seems like this line is indeed in trouble if the costs keep ballooning up. It also seems like our mayor is trying to use this line to earn votes, but it may not actually end up being built considering crucial details are being hidden until after the election.

Very sad about how things are going atm for this line. TBH it seems like we might get something done under Doug Ford rather than John Tory at this rate.
IMO, the election going Tory's way doesn't really mean anything if the cost is too high as the City won't be able to afford the line, especially if the other levels of government do not supply funding.

IMO, the election going Tory's way doesn't really mean anything if the cost is too high as the City won't be able to afford the line, especially if the other levels of government do not supply funding.
That's exactly what I'm thinking right now.

This is exactly the case. The City can not fund subways, period. The historical neglect from upper Government levels and some soft Municipal leadership led to Band-Aid plans with no DRL in sight. While its certainly noisy around council again in regards to the SSE I don't even think the its even a City issue any longer and wont even be much of a discussion when the Municipal election rolls around

The Ontario election will decide the near term fate of this line and the DRL. Toronto council can squabble back and forth all they want for political gain,otherwise its completely meaningless. The Conservatives under Brown already gave the nod to upload this line. Its too early to say but Ford is all about the 3 stop subway and for the most part the other two candidates will support the "Peoples Guarantee". Lest we forget The Liberals are self proclaimed "Subway Champions" and while they might not meddle in the design or number of stops, they are very much likely to finish what they started, especially with the election coming.

Moving backwards is insanity in the Citys polarized climate. Local Politicians are just going to make alot of noise to pander to their respective bases on both sides of the debate with their own elections coming but inevitably this lines fate now sits at the Provincial level. My assumption is the the exact reason Tory has delayed the updated cost and did his job to keep the subway alive for the Province to use it for votes and upload and besides the usual pandering on Council it likely no longer matters. He has been in long transit discussion with all relevant Provincial parties and we will likely see the results as the campaign heats up.

Last edited:
That is an excellent idea.

AoD
I’ve got some maps (evolved GO systems maps) documents and planning files to contribute as well.

I’ve saved them knowing that they’d disappear from public websites when a new one gets updated.

We should all create a MetrolinxDocumentsArchive.com or some other cloud backup website for all known PDFs/etc.

You can google for many, but they keep disappearing. Save them to disk!

Google "file:"pdf" site:metrolinx.com OR site:gotransit.com"

Write a script to crawl all of these search results, Save All, make it searchable on another domain name using an embedded Google Search API. Heck, maybe just a simple Automatically generated directory site, and let Google crawl it. Low effort type thing. A single site duplicate of all known government docs ever appearing on GoTransit, Metrolinx. The directory site can also link to the original doc, too.

Protecting against future disappearance.

An Internet Archive of all documents in the entire universe of GO2020, Metrolinx 2031 and Metrolinx 2041 for posterity, sorted by month and date of release.

Last edited:

Back