News   Jul 09, 2024
 753     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.6K     3 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 601     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

If we refused to accept short term pain for transit construction, the Yonge Line, Bloor Line, Sheppard Line and Eglinton Line never would have been built. Those all added significant time onto trip times for the duration of their construction.

It'll add 6 minutes onto a relatively small fraction of Scarborough transit trips. It's not ideal, but it won't paralyze Scarborough. The increase in travel time would be similar to what Eglinton West commuters have been facing due to construction at that station. I've been living with that construction for years and I'm getting around fine.

6 minutes is best case scenario...

My bus and streetcar schedule seems to get derailed whenever mother nature gets angry...

This is still the subway - no? Just not underground. People will manage for the 3 year or so period. Short term pain for long term gain.

Says who? you?

Have you ask them?

Not even the TTC wants to deal with that, neither pro-LRT councillors like Mihevc...Not sure why this is still a thing

If Eglinton residents can deal with disruptions to build their LRT, if downtown residents can deal with disruptions to build the Relief Line, Scarborough residents will be able to deal with disruptions to built the subway extension.

There's a difference between "adding" a new rapid transit line that was never there vs "removing" an existing rapid transit line.

Especially due to the reason of
  • Wrong alignment
  • Poor design
  • Neglect
I'd be upset and expect more from my city...like doing it right from the get go...

If done right from the beginning:

• No disruptions
  • Billions invested to expand the network, not correcting mistakes
  • Billions invested on the Waterfront or Relief Line
  • No divisive and destructive debates over technology

Why don't they just forget the RT {as Toronto has allowed it to rot for 30 years} and screw the subway and just run ST to STC? The ST can have 2 routes ,,,,,,,,, one to York Region and the other to STC/Centennial College. They can simply interline the routes.

When they come close to downtown one can go direct to Union and the other can interline with the DRL and just make the DRL a catenary based subway.

Okay. Let's spend $1.2 Billion to save people 6 minutes for three years, since Scarborough residents seem to be exceptionally fragile compared to everyone else.

You and I both know 6 minutes is a "best case scenario". With the TTC performance reports stating that their bus service usually doesn't meat their objective, it safe to assumes that "6 minutes extra travel time" is wishful thinking.

Also, that's not the only reason why they are spending that money...

Why don't they just forget the RT {as Toronto has allowed it to rot for 30 years} and screw the subway and just run ST to STC? The ST can have 2 routes ,,,,,,,,, one to York Region and the other to STC/Centennial College. They can simply interline the routes.

When they come close to downtown one can go direct to Union and the other can interline with the DRL and just make the DRL a catenary based subway.

Because SmartTrack can't provide the frequencies necessary for SCC.

You and I both know 6 minutes is a "best case scenario". With the TTC performance reports stating that their bus service usually doesn't meat their objective, it safe to assumes that the 6 minute objective won't be met either most of the time.

Also, that's not the only reason why they are spending that money...

It's not the best case scenario, it's the average scenario.

They can't even meet their "average scenario" most of the time on their bus routes...so...

We've run SRT replacement busses many times in the past. 6 minutes seems reasonable based on my experiences on the replacement bus (and that's without the BRT lanes). Scarborough didn't grind to a hault. Maybe someone can time the trip next time the SRT close

Back