767     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.6K     3 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 606     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/doug-ford-ontario-1.3521970

You stand correct.

Should be interesting because a good portion of this riding benefits from the LRT plan. It's West of McCowan that has little use for the transfer to the stub

I don't understand.

Are you saying that if Ford doesn't run then the Liberals won't make a subway promise to win a by-election. Are you forgetting about Mitzi Hunter and Brad Duguid?
Or are you saying the Ford will run and subways will not be an issue.

The Liberals are mired in numerous corruption and kickback scandals, plus the usual waste and mismanagement. They will probably throw everything into winning this riding to stem the tide and prevent the PC's from getting into Toronto. Look for them to kick in another few hundred million to extend the subway to McCowan/Sheppard, or along the SRT corridor to Malvern. They may not promise to pay for the whole thing, but there is no doubt it will be a major by-election issue.

I don't understand.

Are you saying that if Ford doesn't run then the Liberals won't make a subway promise to win a by-election. Are you forgetting about Mitzi Hunter and Brad Duguid?
Or are you saying the Ford will run and subways will not be an issue.

The Liberals are mired in numerous corruption and kickback scandals, plus the usual waste and mismanagement. They will probably throw everything into winning this riding to stem the tide and prevent the PC's from getting into Toronto. Look for them to kick in another few hundred million to extend the subway to McCowan/Sheppard, or along the SRT corridor to Malvern. They may not promise to pay for the whole thing, but there is no doubt it will be a major by-election issue.

I agree 100%. The possibility of Doug (Insert UT banned last name) running just guaranteed another subway race which you were hinting at.

I think even without Doug it will be a subway race.
I saw Douggy ! @ Wally's Diner on Friday!
And he was getting his picture taken with a few patrons !
So I'm pretty sure he's ramping up his future for some political aspirations somewhere!

Y'all are presuming the Ontario PC's would have him. Not a sure thing anymore with Patrick Brown at the helm.

I think the PC's got rocked so bad in the last election they'll do anything . Also the F$%d brand is probably never going to be as popular to use for Political gain & neither Dough or PB act like your "Ol' Grandpa's" Conservative so not sure.

True. But Dough give the Cons a chance to get in on the subway frenzy
City council already voted on crosstown extension which is LRT and most recently voted on above ground rail to STC. What could the Liberals possibly decide? They cannot be voting on a subway someplace that they will only pay for 1/3 when the city will have no money to kick in more money and where is the last 1/3 funding coming from? The federal Lib already have the riding so its not like they need to promise any more. funding to scarboorugh

Last edited:
City council already voted on crosstown extension which is LRT and most recently voted on above ground rail to STC. What could the Liberals possibly decide? They cannot be voting on a subway someplace that they will only pay for 1/3 when the city will have no money to kick in more money and where is the last /3 funding coming from? The federal Lib already have the riding so it snot like they need to promise anything more.

The Province are the ones still holding the bill on the Sheppard LRT which has nothing to do with the funding for the SSE or Xtown. Will that money extend the subway across the 401? Certainly a possibility. Or they can just flat out lie to promise a Sheppard subway & have more fun with Scarborough residents for them shats n giggles.

Last edited:
The Province are the ones still holding the bill on the Sheppard LRT which has nothing to do with the funding for the SSE or Xtown. Will that money extend the subway across the 401? Certainly a possibility. Or they can just flat out lie to promise a Sheppard subway & have more fun with Scarborough residents for them shats n giggles.
this subway and elections is insane

Speak of Sheppard Subway. Mark Towhey said in an interview with Steve Paikin that an announcement of expanding the Sheppard Subway with the province was planned under Rob Ford, but when everything started hitting the fan it was cancelled.

Speak of Sheppard Subway. Mark Towhey said in an interview with Steve Paikin that an announcement of expanding the Sheppard Subway with the province was planned under Rob Ford, but when everything started hitting the fan it was cancelled.

Yes that was the "compromise" with McGuinty & Ford. Connect STC to Eglinton LRT and Run Sheppard subway to STC. Who knows what the plan is now? Well the Liberals do I guess

Typical of the Toronto Star to play up the emotional side of this and ignore the substantive issues here. Including the reality that this notice fulfils a legal requirement and opens the door to those affected having their say.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...t-be-expropriated-for-scarborough-subway.html

- Paul

I don't see this as much different from the Sun endorsing the 'put the Crosstown in a tunnel' crowd and then running pieces about how noisy and vibratey tunnel construction is.

Back