News   Jul 15, 2024
 381     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 545     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 560     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

The other thing is people jumping those turnstiles to ride for free.

They are pretty high you would pretty much need the verticle leap of a basketball player to get over them. Plus at least at main there is a camera amied right at the entrance just above the satir and no doubt someone would show their face too it doing it

Good. Hope its feasible (for a notably reduced cost)

My (personal) dream scenario: they restore the 3 stop proposal up to Sheppard, but with the majority of it being above ground. Well, actually my personal dream scenario is going back to the LRT, but if they're gonna do heavy rail might as well not half ass it.

Don't see how this is possible without massive expropriation. Are any above ground plans available? I assume it requires a lot more room than an LRT.

If Scarborough can't make up their mind they should just pull the provincial funding and allocate the money to other places that can make up their mind. ;)

This is from the book "some rules not applied equally". ;)

If Scarborough can't make up their mind they should just pull the provincial funding and allocate the money to other places that can make up their mind. ;)

Quite the opposite actually. Scarborough making up it's mind is certainly not the problem at this point.

Last edited:

Scarborough made up it's mind a decade ago. Scarborough has always wanted the subway extension, it's outside influences that were/are insisting that they settle for something else.

Scarborough made up it's mind a decade ago. Scarborough has always wanted the subway extension, it's outside influences that were/are insisting that they settle for something else.
I was kidding but the municipal government that makes decisions has been waffling and incapable of deciding what they want and have many changes many times and is still studying options.....so take my quote and replace "Scarborough" with "Toronto (with regards to Scarborough)" and maybe my joke is closer to the mark.

My goodness. They first approved LRT, then subway first 4 stops, then 3, and then 1 and now surface subway. Is this surface subway not really LRT? Although I guess if its an extension from Danforth it needs to remain subway so we never have to heard that dreaded word - transfer. I am glad thats for sure that it is not underground.

My goodness. They first approved LRT, then subway first 4 stops, then 3, and then 1 and now surface subway. Is this surface subway not really LRT? Although I guess if its an extension from Danforth it needs to remain subway so we never have to heard that dreaded word - transfer. I am glad thats for sure that it is not underground.

Your Goodness?

The Transfer City LRT was planned under the "we know what's best for you" Miller regime. And McGuinty took the ball and made it even less palatable with the funding it received. There was no subway vs. SLRT debate. For the most part Ford campaigned on listening to the voters out here & referendum aside Im pretty sure the message was clear.

Scaling it back to one stop is suspicious & not proposed by a Scarborough resident or councilor although they are being forced to "compromise", & now more studies. If Scarborough didn't have all this outside distraction it would have been voted on an built.

Integrate Scarborough Center with Toronto's main transit backbone & let's not be shy to add some stops along the way or we are headed for further polarizing politics.

Last edited:

Back