News   May 21, 2024
 294     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 299     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 3.3K     5 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

If you're gonna dismiss Canada's largest newspaper, that's read by 82% of Torontonians, as only looking after a certain part of the city, then I guess Toronto must have a lot of hipsters.

Even I read it for entertainment. They just have a herd of young downtown men & women who have limeited understanding of the issues in Toronto's suburbs who follow along with their political agenda

@coffey1

I get the sentiment. But most won't agree with us. And picking a fight over some jouranlist's abuse of transit lexicon is pointless.

Once, they shut down the RT for 3 years to deliver a disjointed LRT plan, we'll all get to enjoy some more Fordesque mayors. People get the government they deserve. As they say.

I still have yet to hear a reasonable answer as to why they just don't upgrade the track and use the new MK111 trains.

BTW if you want to know how far the technology has advanced, they no longer make the MK11 trains but just MK111 which are part of Bombardier's standard Innovia system. The new trains will allow another middle section to be added to the current 80 meter SkyTrain platforms giving it the capacity of 8 MK1 trains rolling by every 90 seconds.

Agree or disagree with the Scarborough subway, I would find it offensive to allow the developers to dictate what transit can get built in this city and how the city should fund it. If the OMB allows this, it'll be a terrible day for cities in this province.

I still have yet to hear a reasonable answer as to why they just don't upgrade the track and use the new MK111 trains.

When compared with the LRT plan, it would have required another yard and another fleet type. And they still would have wanted to rebuild Kennedy Station to allow for increased capacity and an easier transfer. And LRT works better in the snow.

Agree or disagree with the Scarborough subway, I would find it offensive to allow the developers to dictate what transit can get built in this city and how the city should fund it. If the OMB allows this, it'll be a terrible day for cities in this province.

The OMB is there to create checks and balances. And if the city didn't follow the law in creating this levy (i.e. not including all the costs) then it is clearly is the fault of the city (either the council or their counsel). The developers have just highlighted that the city broke the rules which they obey....exactly what the OMB and/or courts are suppose to do.

The city can if they want retable it with all the operating costs and try again.

Even I read it for entertainment. They just have a herd of young downtown men & women who have limeited understanding of the issues in Toronto's suburbs who follow along with their political agenda
Lived in Scarborough for years and read the Toronto Star. I guess I'm a hipster or like the entertainment. Then again I moved downtown, from all the years of lefty pinko biking articles.

Lived in Scarborough for years and read the Toronto Star. I guess I'm a hipster or like the entertainment. Then again I moved downtown, from all the years of lefty pinko biking articles.

Im somewhat unfairly generalizing the loyal "innocent" followers of Metroland Political slant as happy go lucky hipster type. There is some truth to it.

And certainly not everyone who reads the Star as many can filter the BS. We all like to get the news and I understand the Sun's Politics can be even harder to digest.

At least the left politics taxes enough to throw some bones out to the poor here and there. Unfortunately it's just a feel good façade which allows them to garner support to take the real meat for there own self interests.

Last edited:
This just in: the left's decades long support of social programs for the poor was really just a plot to cover up their ultimate goal: to cancel the Scarborough Subway and otherwise screw Scarbrough.

I gotta give it up to Coffey, you've done a great job of exposing our long con.

The conversion to LRT was David Miller and Dalton McGuinty's plan. Their council or theligislature want to go away from LRT because it would be seen as a defeat of the ideas of these left wing icons.

This just in: the left's decades long support of social programs for the poor was really just a plot to cover up their ultimate goal: to cancel the Scarborough Subway and otherwise screw Scarbrough.

I gotta give it up to Coffey, you've done a great job of exposing our long con.

Nice one. The social "feel good" programs are just one of the many tools in the overall scheme to garner votes and sympathy for access to power in the bigger picture.

When it comes to the current transit issue. A subway in the heart of a heavily populated, transit neglected area which connects seamlessly to the City's main transit artery is insanity. Especially when you can convince the masses that a couple of poorly designed, horribly integrated LRT patches should can be built instead.

No thanks.

Last edited:

Back