News   Jul 12, 2024
 854     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 768     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 324     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

The notion that Scarborough residents alone should decide what to do in Scarborough is ridiculous. It's not like only those living within 1 km of Eglinton have a say on the Eglinton LRT.. ha ha. It's not like Downtown alone had a say in whether to remove the Jarvis bike lanes.

23 to 22. Wow. That is close.

The notion that Scarborough residents alone should decide what to do in Scarborough is ridiculous. It's not like only those living within 1 km of Eglinton have a say on the Eglinton LRT.. ha ha. It's not like Downtown alone had a say in whether to remove the Jarvis bike lanes.
This is clearly not over. I bet chow might be the vote to change it back to LRT.

This is clearly not over. I bet chow might be the vote to change it back to LRT.

The debate was honestly ridiculous, at least the parts I saw. There are real valid reasons to support the Danforth subway extension, but the supporters of the extension continue to use terrible arguments instead such as:
"Matlow, you have 6 subway stations in your ward. I have NONE!! Poor me, my life is terrible. Why do you hate Scarborough residents?"

At one point this incredibly rude councillor started talking about looping the Yonge & Spadina lines as a replacement for the DRL? Wtf?

Also trotted out was the argument that we should build subways so that people don't need to wait in the cold. Let's put heaters into surface bus stops so that this is no longer the primary reason to build subways lol. There we saved billions of dollars, we no longer need to build subways because people are cold waiting at surface stops!

YOu don;t get it. Everyone is saying they know what is best for Scarborough but perhaps just perhaps Scarbarians do not want a subway. How dense can you be not understanding what I am trying to say and thinking i am saying lets in the future all have residents vote yes/no to subways

The debate was honestly ridiculous, at least the parts I saw. There are real valid reasons to support the Danforth subway extension, but the supporters of the extension continue to use terrible arguments instead such as:
"Matlow, you have 6 subway stations in your ward. I have NONE!! Poor me, my life is terrible. Why do you hate Scarborough residents?"

At one point this incredibly rude councillor started talking about looping the Yonge & Spadina lines as a replacement for the DRL? Wtf?

Also trotted out was the argument that we should build subways so that people don't need to wait in the cold. Let's put heaters into surface bus stops so that this is no longer the primary reason to build subways lol. There we saved billions of dollars, we no longer need to build subways because people are cold waiting at surface stops!

lol. I had my laugh for the night regarding your post.

It was a ridiculous show. Again even Densil Minnan-Wong who is suppose to be conservative last time voted no to subways but this time he started talking and thats when i turned off volume on the assumption he was going to be changing his tune this time just in time for the election. Well I did not want Chow to run but if she can change it to LRT then I will vote for her. These votes on the subway/LRT on Scarborough keeps getting closer

lol. I had my laugh for the night regarding your post.

It was a ridiculous show. Again even Densil Minnan-Wong who is suppose to be conservative last time voted no to subways but this time he started talking and thats when i turned off volume on the assumption he was going to be changing his tune this time just in time for the election. Well I did not want Chow to run but if she can change it to LRT then I will vote for her. These votes on the subway/LRT on Scarborough keeps getting closer
I think that Palma is saying there should be an up or down vote for the residents of Scarborough on the subway or LRT. But I see this was a clown show today. I have a bad feeling ford will remain mayor.

This is ridiculous. Even with Ford's powers taken away he still got 2 votes. There needs to be another round of this at some point. Probably after next election when everyone's seat will be secure

Back