News   Jul 12, 2024
 870     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 779     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 327     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

That's not what the "subway vs. LRT" debate is. It's really a debate over whether or not we want Heavy Rail Rapid Transit or Light Rail Rapid Transit on the SRT corridor. There's no street level transit in the running.

Ok I did not word it correct. But the premise is still the same - put it to the voters out there.

‏@GraphicMatt 29m
De Baeremaeker: "No honour are in these motions. These motions are a declaration of war!"

@GraphicMatt 30m
De Baeremeaker: "You think you know better than us! You think that you're smarter than us!" Says other councillors are surrounded by subways

Says the guy who used to support the LRT. Man he really turned to shit.

People in Scarborough aren't the only ones paying for or using the line.

But everyone is preaching Scarborough deserves a subway. Perhaps they do not want one when presented with the true facts of both options. Thats why they should be voting. How hard is that to understand. Nevermind with subways come condos and then people will be fighting to keep those out. If you put the vote to the whole city it would be no

But everyone is preaching Scarborough deserves a subway. Perhaps they do not want one when presented with the true facts of both options. Thats why they should be voting. How hard is that to understand. Nevermind with subways come condos and then people will be fighting to keep those out. If you put the vote to the whole city it would be no

If only Scarborough residents are using and paying for the operation and construction of the line, then it's fine to only ask them. However property owners all over the City of Toronto each will be contributing at least several hundred, if not thousands of dollars to build this thing.

(I can't remember what the exact figure is)

If only Scarborough residents are using and paying for the operation and construction of the line, then it's fine to only ask them. However property owners all over the City of Toronto each will be contributing at least several hundred, if not thousands of dollars to build this thing.

(I can't remember what the exact figure is)
But if Scarborough votes no they are saving the rest of Toronto's property owners taxes. What do you not get?

But its already as everyone says here, a done deal because it has been debated that Scarborough has been left out and needs a subway and that is what will be built.. BUT, BUT as more than 1 councillor from Scarborough has said, the people in Scarborough they talk to say no to the subway. Thats why I say have the vote, As it is now, it will be built, but if Scarborough votes no then politicians can no longer say Scarborough needs a subway because they will have clearly voted no (if its no). Now do you get it what I am trying to say.

Back