News   Sep 26, 2024
 424     0 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 996     3 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 635     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

WiFi onboard trains solves the issue of in-station and in tunnel WiFi, so it makes a lot more sense. But should definitely be paired with in-station WiFi that is more reliable.
The TTC is getting rid of wifi at stations, so it's a bit odd they'd add it to the trains, which would need additional tunnel infrastructure to support. Unless this is for staff/communications use only.

The RT used to capture most of the riders in this area that will be using this Line 2 extension and used deposit them to Kennedy anyway.
I always thought the same about the YRT bus routes going to Finch that would be replaced by the YNSE. But I guess induced demand works in both of those cases.

I always thought the same about the YRT bus routes going to Finch that would be replaced by the YNSE. But I guess induced demand works in both of those cases.

Definitely agree that there will be additional induced demand when the Line 2 extension opens when compared to the passengers moved by the RT.

But the RT was medium capacity, fast, and a train so it definitely would've captured most of the demand that will eventually come to the Line 2 extension.

Definitely agree that there will be additional induced demand when the Line 2 extension opens when compared to the passengers moved by the RT.

But the RT was medium capacity, fast, and a train so it definitely would've captured most of the demand that will eventually come to the Line 2 extension.
Time will tell. I really wonder how much will be induced north of the 401 with a Sheppard-McCowan station. It could be quite a lot, seeing how it would serve as a terminal for a massive bus catchment area, whose riders previously had to painstakingly cross the highway.

Time will tell. I really wonder how much will be induced north of the 401 with a Sheppard-McCowan station. It could be quite a lot, seeing how it would serve as a terminal for a massive bus catchment area, whose riders previously had to painstakingly cross the highway.
Especially when line 4 comes there, it'll surely induce more for both lines.

Those headwalls are for the stations and emergency exits.

This wasn't planned, and indicates that something is very much not going to plan.

The media need to be digging on this, and asking tough questions.
Looks like they have abandoned the intervention shaft south of Brimorton, the road is now fully open. The original plan (notice sent out to the neighborhood) was to have this point as the point to fix the TBM this fall. I assume this new location on the south side of the 401 is now the location. We can only speculate given the lack of communication, obviously something seriously wrong. Better communication and a revised timeline would be appreciated by the community

Apologies if this has been posted, but there is a consultation on the SRT Replacement Busway tomorrow night:

1727098310953.png

Apologies if this has been posted, but there is a consultation on the SRT Replacement Busway tomorrow night:

View attachment 598311

Do we know any details or have any images/schematics to look at before then? I know that the plan was to only use the straight N/S section and the elevated/underground section wouldn't be usable. Do they have plans for those sections?

Do we know any details or have any images/schematics to look at before then? I know that the plan was to only use the straight N/S section and the elevated/underground section wouldn't be usable. Do they have plans for those sections?

There are no slides/materials on the project site.

There is this text:

1727111306618.png

**** However...............the Draft EA remains open for Comment until September 30th, 2024, and it can be found here:

From the above:

1727111456510.png

1727111478832.png

1727111513324.png

I got to thinking about this over the weekend.

If the Busway only goes as far as Ellesmere, what is being done with Midland Station and the guideway?

If I recall there was a proposal for a highline style park but have not heard anything as of yet.

I got to thinking about this over the weekend.

If the Busway only goes as far as Ellesmere, what is being done with Midland Station and the guideway?

If I recall there was a proposal for a highline style park but have not heard anything as of yet.

Not officially decided yet; but in all probability the guideway will be demolished.

I've outlined in the past why I think a Highline style park makes no sense, and would not be an attraction, but a safety risk instead, and quite expensive to boot.

But the idea hasn't yet been formally spiked.

There may be room for at-grade bike path from Brimley to Midland, but I'm convinced that will be pursued either in the near-term. We shall see.

Not officially decided yet; but in all probability the guideway will be demolished.

I've outlined in the past why I think a Highline style park makes no sense, and would not be an attraction, but a safety risk instead, and quite expensive to boot.

But the idea hasn't yet been formally spiked.

There may be room for at-grade bike path from Brimley to Midland, but I'm convinced that will be pursued either in the near-term. We shall see.

Any chance you can link me to your analysis?

Just curious about your thought process.

Edit: Nevermind! Found it!!

Any chance you can link me to your analysis?

Just curious about your thought process.

I know went into a bit more detail in some post or another, but I touched on some keys issues in this post, however briefly:

That thing is built like a brick outhouse.

I don't think we should implode it but with all the buildings around demolishing it won't be easy.

It'll be jackhammered and clawed down, very similar to the bents for the Gardiner.

Last edited:

Back