News   May 10, 2024
 2K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 3.1K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

I wonder if the cars can be shipped to Vancouver for their Skytrain or are they just going to scrap?
They still have theiroriginal ones running.
The SRT cars are the Mark I model which are slated for retirement from the SkyTrain in 2027. The Broadway subway extension is already delayed until 2026 (the next time they’ll see demand for more cars) and I’m sure they’ll have received some of the new Mark V cars by then.

I'm sorry I missed this farewell. I always enjoyed using the RT and found it very underappreciated.

I got to thinking recently about the SRT Guideway while heading up to the STC...

As anyone who has ever gone to the STC can tell you, the pylons for the Guideway are built like a brick shithouse. They are 4 foot (at least) thick concrete and built to withstand some serious weight.

These things are not going come down without a fight which leads me to wondering what they plan is for the guideway. Anyone here know anything?

I got to thinking recently about the SRT Guideway while heading up to the STC...

As anyone who has ever gone to the STC can tell you, the pylons for the Guideway are built like a brick shithouse. They are 4 foot (at least) thick concrete and built to withstand some serious weight.

These things are not going come down without a fight which leads me to wondering what they plan is for the guideway. Anyone here know anything?
I think there is a grassroots movement to try to get it converted into an elevated park, like the highline in New york.

Who do I contact for a backyard train?

Some CLRVs were sold by online auction for about $4k. Delivery was the responsibility of the buyer.

I think Toronto needs a new vendor though. The company that was running handling their surplus items auctions is gone.

Last edited:

IMG_2163.jpeg

IMG_2168.jpeg

I am assuming retrofitting the structure as a busway is not possible?

Steve Munro looked at this question back in 2021:

1695667195857.png

Back