News   Jul 16, 2024
 381     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 492     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Cumberland Cinema Redevelopment into Nespresso Flagship COMPLETE

nespresson11.jpg

Finally, a corporate coffee chain in Yorkville!

I'm sorry to hear you say that. But nespresso cafés are gorgeous. A mom and pop coffee store cannot afford yorkville. Nor it is a place for that type of café to be. There's plenty of other places in the city. So it's OK!!

I'm sorry to hear you say that. But nespresso cafés are gorgeous. A mom and pop coffee store cannot afford yorkville. Nor it is a place for that type of café to be. There's plenty of other places in the city. So it's OK!!

Zaza espresso, Yorkville espresso bar.
And if you want to stretch it slightly beyond mom and pop coffee spots there's also Lettieri, Balzac's & Crepes a Go Go.

I've visited Nespresso stores overseas and I can't imagine what they're going to do with all this space. Nestle has an abysmal record for environmental stewardship -- they should turn this into a massive recycling facility for all the disposable aluminum pod waste they generate.

I noticed Zaza has opened in Bloor West Village. Last time I went (first day they opened in Yorkville) I wasn't impressed.
Yeah, none of those are really on the radar in terms of third-wave coffee. Best espresso in the area would be the small Crema Coffee Co attached to Freshii next to Bloor-Yonge station. Worth the walk if you want espresso that isn't over-extracted from stale beans.

Last edited:
I've visited Nespresso stores overseas and I can't imagine what they're going to do with all this space. Nestle has an abysmal record for environmental stewardship -- they should turn this into a massive recycling facility for all the disposable aluminum pod waste they generate.

They do take their capsules back for recycling, for those who bother to return them. Initially we got one of their machines at the office to replace our super-automatic (no running water = no regular espresso machine). Then I bought one for myself as I got tired of fighting with my own machine and grinder only to get inferior results. But when I go out I want the real thing, not capsule coffee.

Back