News   Jul 16, 2024
 88     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 459     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 567     2 

Cumberland Cinema Redevelopment into Nespresso Flagship COMPLETE

This conversation reminds me of one I had with my cousin in Switzerland in 2001 after they opened the first Starbucks in Zurich. He was arguing that it wouldn't fly because the coffee etc. was bad. My point was that it doesn't matter, consumption has almost nothing to do with quality.

There are now over 20 Starbucks locations in Zurich proper alone.

They do take their capsules back for recycling, for those who bother to return them. Initially we got one of their machines at the office to replace our super-automatic (no running water = no regular espresso machine). Then I bought one for myself as I got tired of fighting with my own machine and grinder only to get inferior results. But when I go out I want the real thing, not capsule coffee.

They give out bags for customers to put used capsules in. Before they collected them, I tried a few times to recycle the capsules myself by opening them up and dumping the grounds into a green bin but it was messy and time-consuming. I'm not sure what Nespresso exactly does with the used ones, but they're at least taking responsibility for the waste they (help to) generate.

I can't think what will be going into such a large outlet except some sort of café to demonstrate their products, unless they are planning to sublet part of it to another retailer.

They do take their capsules back for recycling, for those who bother to return them. Initially we got one of their machines at the office to replace our super-automatic (no running water = no regular espresso machine). Then I bought one for myself as I got tired of fighting with my own machine and grinder only to get inferior results. But when I go out I want the real thing, not capsule coffee.
Yeah, that's why I suggested it, but they only really recycle pods in Europe and only recently in Canada. I'm not sure if the American showrooms accept used pods yet. Someone in the States actually sells a nutcracker-style device that crushes pods and separates the aluminum so you can toss it into your recycle bin.

The stores are meant to be showrooms for equipment and don't actually function as cafes. You can drink as many samples as you want, although there really isn't a point when in a major city with proper cafes everywhere.

Last edited:
nespressof10.jpg

Application: Designated Structures Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5S 2X2

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 120068 DST 00 DS Accepted Date: Mar 19, 2013

Project: First Party Sign Building Permit Related

Description: To erect and display two wall signs, one illuminated and on the second storey and the other on the first. **Nespresso**

Very nice! It still tears my heart out to see the interior stripped and the cinemas gone though :(

I still really don't understand what they're going to do with all of that interior space. Surely a cafe doesn't need more than 2000 or 3000 square feet! Massive storage depot for Nespresso capsules?

I still really don't understand what they're going to do with all of that interior space. Surely a cafe doesn't need more than 2000 or 3000 square feet! Massive storage depot for Nespresso capsules?

My understanding is that it will be a flagship showroom for the Nespresso machines.

I've been in the one in Paris on les champs Élysée! It's huge! And it was packed! But then again that's Paris. I agree that it's kinda big for toronto in that location.

Have we gotten to the point of complaining that new retail space will be too grand?

(I realize it's more a debate of just how they will utilize the space, but still amusing if you take a step back for a moment)

If it's just one level then the space surely exceeds at least 5,000 sq. ft.

Back