News   Jul 16, 2024
 444     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 552     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Cumberland Cinema Redevelopment into Nespresso Flagship COMPLETE

Went in there once to grab a coffee before work, and they're like "we don't do to go, we want you to stay here and enjoy." Who the heck has time to sit down for a coffee on a weekday? I walked past it quite often this summer and there were few people there in the mornings. Seems like a wasted opportunity.

I don't know about their hours or what it's like on weekdays, but it seems that their business model is twofold: 1) sell the food and coffee in the sit-down café atmosphere and possibly interest you in buying the coffee system; 2) sell the machines, coffee and accessories at the back of the store to people who are already familiar with Nespresso.

If you just walk in and walk out with a coffee, they don't really have an opportunity to sell you the system - and if you are already familiar with it because you have it at home, you probably wouldn't want to go somewhere else for it.

On weekends it seems pretty packed with the usual Yorkville crowd: well-groomed people in expensive casual wear. Maybe their schedule permits them to go there on weekdays as well? I don't know.

Yea I don't by the "its not busy argument" whenever I go by its fairly busy to packed ..

Back