News   May 10, 2024
 744     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 882     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 937     0 

CityPlace: St. Jamestown in waiting?

just say some of the people who live at these condos have "alternative incomes"...waiting for the "large grow op busted" headlines in the daily for CP.....

Condo raid nets $1M worth of drugs

I know this is down the street and not at Cityplace... but wasn't there another drug raid in the recent past at this location?

$1 million worth is a pretty large operation. Gotta be located close to your market I guess!

Condo raid nets $1M worth of drugs

I know this is down the street and not at Cityplace... but wasn't there another drug raid in the recent past at this location?

$1 million worth is a pretty large operation. Gotta be located close to your market I guess!

I'd take the $1 million figure with a pound of salt. The police are notorious for inflating the worth of what they find, so as to make it seem as though they're accomplishing something. Usually what they do is take the amount of drugs and then calculate it by the final, retail street price, rather than the wholesale price. It's not wrong, as much as, well, maybe dishonest.

There was another bust a couple of months ago in a condo in the area. A domestic dispute made the cops come in and they found some drugs and a lot of guns. Imagine being busted for getting in a yelling match about watching "Canadian Idol" or "WWE".

There was another bust a couple of months ago in a condo in the area. A domestic dispute made the cops come in and they found some drugs and a lot of guns. Imagine being busted for getting in a yelling match about watching "Canadian Idol" or "WWE".

Wasn't there some kind of Bobbitt-esque domestic violence incident years ago involving an argument over Peg vs Kelly Bundy?

Cityplace park

What I find ruins the area other than the cheap construction (that happens everywhere) is the lack of commercial and retail. This could have been a good mixed area. Fort York would have been great with shops and restaurants lining it, but it looks like its all faux townhouses at the base of Parade and Luna. We sure have banks though!

Whats the story about CityPlace that police wont respond to this condo unless its a life threatening situation or security calls it in.I was told that they received so many non emergency calls (aka noise) that they basically put it on the bottom of the response calls of priority or wait hours to respond.

Whats the story about CityPlace that police wont respond to this condo unless its a life threatening situation or security calls it in.I was told that they received so many non emergency calls (aka noise) that they basically put it on the bottom of the response calls of priority or wait hours to respond.

Would expect the drop in police presence, although the shootings, assaults, and robberies is still quite scary.

Anyone heard about the 42 storey public housing they are building?

Would expect the drop in police presence, although the shootings, assaults, and robberies is still quite scary.

whoa cowboy your not talking about CP are you or Toronto in general?.I heard rumblings about the CityHome project also,it was the agreement that the city ask for so CP can develop most of the land west of Spadina.

Last edited:
Cityplace

need to expand the roads, public transit etc, getting way too crowd

Very true, especially the streetcars from the tunnel at union station (509/510). Ton of condos no increased infrastructure. Also when Fort York opens to Bremmer, I hope they really aren't going to have 4 way stops.

I have some friends who bought a place down there. And yes the city is building an official 42 story Ghetto in City Place. Residents are furious. And are furiously attempting to sell and move out before property values spiral down further.

Apparently news of the planned Ghetto Plex was completed obscured from the buyers when the buildings were going up.

Last edited:
I have some friends who bought a place down there. And yes the city is building an official 42 story Ghetto in City Place. Residents are furious. And are furiously attempting to see and move out before property values spiral down further.

Apparently news of the planned Ghetto Plex was completed obscured from the buyers when the buildings were going up.

Awesome. This means that non-idiots are going to get some sweet deals on CityPlace properties.

Last edited:
I have a friend who was at the meeting and yes they are planning on building a 42 (43 I think) story low-income building in the middle of the Cityplace development. Apparently it will be accompanied by a school, not sure if there will be a daycare as well.

Apparently they are also going to build two more large low-income towers just north of the Bathurst St. bridge, on the East side of Bathurst. I live just up the street and while I thought I was all for mixed housing, after investing a lot of $ in my condo I am not so worried about the mixed housing, but more about whether it gets executed smartly. If done wrong it can have a very negative impact on the area.

I don't get it. Why are all poor people lumped in as "bad uneducated people"?
Both rich and poor people have their bad apples. As long as the poor people living in the building are hardworking and decent. Don't commit any crimes (prostitution, sell drugs, take drugs, etc) or harm people. What is so bad about them? They work hard as well. Everyone needs a chance to build themselves up. I'm sure if they are mixed in with medium income families, their kids might grow up learning to take pride and upgrade themselves to put themselves in the medium/high income once they grow up. Or families who need a helping hand to stand up after they've just arrived in Toronto. Not all immigrants who come here are rich. Some come from poor countries. Everyone deserves a chance. It's once they start breaking the law that will cause problems. Those should be kicked out.

Back