News   Jul 05, 2024
 3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 2K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 699     0 

Toronto CityPlace: Montage + Neo (Concord Adex, 47 + 16s, KPMB)

Update from today. Excuse the quality, it was taken from a car. I didn't see any precast on the south side.

ive3kp.jpg

2e1d4ib.jpg

wcdeer.jpg

1263cs1.jpg

/\ I walked by there on Bathurst last night and there were no rail tracks in the road that I could see. Cmon, integrate with the city? why bother?

I kid but I really am excited to see how Cityplace turns out...

There’s something I’ve been curious about. Maybe someone familiar with the project or the industry can answer this for me.

From the outside I had thought that the 2nd floor was being built with higher ceilings (9 feet?). I’ve recently noticed that there now seem to be metal bars installed, creating an artificially lower ceiling. Is this standard practice, are they being used for utilities (i.e. pipes, electrical, etc…)?

See pic:

1573953454_71fe7274bc_o.jpg

I have to admit that although I have enjoyed most of the Cityplace buildings that have been constructed, Neo is looking more like an imposing commie block than an "urban oasis" as those twats at Concord Adex like to tout all their buildings as.

^Really? I quite like the red brick balconies, something a little different in this age of glass curtain wall.

I agree regarding the fake brick here - the red stripes add some needed variety to CityPlace, as does the slab shape of the building (and I don't normally like slabs either). When they're in the minority in this city I will appreciate them more.

This one doesn't look commie block to me - there's waaaay to much glass for that.

^ Dare I say I kind of like the last 2? :)

As for Neo, I'm liking that too. It breaks up some of the monotony, and while I'm not a huge fan of slabtacular buildings, this one feels nice and imposing - but in a good way.

I was in a genuine, bona fide commieblock last week. It was surprisingly nice in the apartment, but the elevator was hilariously small. 3 of us could barely squeeze in, and there was no door!

Indeed, in Ottawa there are a couple of grand versions of what's found in the third and second to last images - 27 or so floors high.

Back