News   Jul 05, 2024
 3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 2K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 695     0 

Toronto CityPlace: Montage + Neo (Concord Adex, 47 + 16s, KPMB)

even more amazing when that whole stretch from the CNE to the Dome is completely filled in on both sides of the Gardiner! Amazing really how the railway lands sat vacant for so many years. It hurts my eyes to look back at photos from only 5 years ago...

Montage and Neo - courtesy of skybean on SSC

1806569682_04bb23ae9a_b.jpg

Thanks for the pics Mike. BTW, I noticed most of your pics are just over or under half a meg in size which is not necessary at 72dpi (screen resolution). The same pics can be optimized for the web no bigger than 200k.... eg. I re-saved one of your 568k pics at 200k and it looks just fine. This would help with loading times for forumers with slower connections... just an FYI.

Is that a bridge over the rail tracks between Bathurst and Parade?

Also, can't wait for all those glorious green blobs to gang up and take over the city.

Interesting. They show Signature tower in a different configuration than it previously was. Before, the tower was to be right on the Spadina/Bremner corner. This masterplan shows it set back from Bremner. It also shows the tower to be a much different shape. Could be that this is just a random shape as the building is still considered TBD, but perhaps it is a hint at a new design.

We have seen renderings for a publis space under the Gardiner at the Panorama site. I would like to see the city have Concord extend that under the entire stretch of Gardiner from the Panorama site to HVE. It could tie in well with the completed linear park established south of the HVE site, and the eventual extension over to the Central Park planned north of the Gardiner east of Spadina.

We have seen renderings for a publis space under the Gardiner at the Panorama site. I would like to see the city have Concord extend that under the entire stretch of Gardiner from the Panorama site to HVE. It could tie in well with the completed linear park established south of the HVE site, and the eventual extension over to the Central Park planned north of the Gardiner east of Spadina.

It is my understanding that Concord only owns a small slice of land under the Gardiner - it is that slice of land that they are creating a new public space with.

The one thing this map makes clear is how unfinished this whole area is going to look until all the low cost housing/community centre/school buildings are built - as they comprise a huge percentage of the total building lots. Does anybody have any idea when these are slated to start construction? I remember seeing the city documents for these buildings a long time ago but have seen nothing since.

Back