News   Jul 05, 2024
 3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 2K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 701     0 

Toronto CityPlace: Montage + Neo (Concord Adex, 47 + 16s, KPMB)

By me, last weekend:

sept16200725nc7.jpg

sept16200726ty1.jpg

September 22nd:

From east of Spadina (you can see the pool structure framed in the background):
1435197253_f757106fc8_b.jpg

The amenity building. I assume the supermarket is just below; I believe the glass squares have been added recently:
1435224549_006af02eb3_b.jpg

From the north. In this lighting the cladding closer matches what we saw in the original render. Much lighter looking. Montage on 21st floor? Neo is being capped.
1436116020_90209e4e72_b.jpg

Compare the cladding to West One in the background:
1436117074_ceac5c29da_b.jpg

Closeup of the concrete "brick" slabs:
1436244792_6b89683fdb_b.jpg

At first I wasn't too sure about the brick accents, but so far I have been pleasantly surprised. It seems to contrast well with the blue/gray cladding... and as someone pointed out, should age well.

It will definitly age much better than beige concrete slabs.

It's a shame there wont be a tower on the south west corner of Front and Spadina. I think it would have "sealed off" the rail tracks a little nicer in that area. Perhaps in the future.... I would like to see Front St west of Spadina lined with buildings (mid-rise).

They mentioned that they're still examining the idea of building on that site, presumably after all the buildings are complete. Considering the incredible sales success that Cityplace has been, and the prices that they're expecting to get for the final phase, I wouldn't be surprised if they did it.

I think underground parking would be the main issue. And given that Concord often sells condos without parking, it's probably feasible. It could also be a rental building.

I believe that they felt that the site was just too small for a building and that it would require some damn expensive engineering to properly pull off. Having a requirement for parking is probably part of that problem.

IF they anticipated building on that site, extra parking levels could have been dug out on the Neo/Montage lot for residents to park in, with an enclosed bridge over the tracks leading to the new tower. Still, that would have been an extra cost, and "out of the norm".

By removing some of the tracks, there would be enough space for a traditional parking garage, but the problem would have been purchasing the extra tracks from CN. I think there are too many tracks along that route as is.

There appear to be occupants living in the Gallery building now. At night, with the lights on, the darkly tinted windows are pretty transparent.

I see some lights on in West One suites as well. I wonder if occupants are starting to move in, or if drywall/kitchen/flooring guys are just forgetting to switch the lights off before they leave?

Glanced at Montage from afar and looks to me like they may have scrapped the red panels on the lower half of the tower... looks like all window wall.

Huh. You're right.

I liked the red brick halfway up (at least the south side) of the building, so I'm sorry to see that gone.

However, I do like the jet black panels in with the glass - this tower will look even darker than the West 1 / N1/N2 complex...

Glanced at Montage from afar and looks to me like they may have scrapped the red panels on the lower half of the tower... looks like all window wall.

huh? it was only supposed to have brick on the bottom half in the first place.... strange...

montage.jpg

Maybe they have yet to add the brick panels. The only way to know for sure is to see all glass railings (as the tower itself is going to be 'window wall' behind railings of brick or glass anyhow).

or perhaps you are looking at the back of the building which may have always been designed to have black panels. Any of the renderings I have seen show only the front. Maybe the brick panels are to go on the front only?

Back