News   Jul 11, 2024
 152     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 312     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 620     0 

City-TV & OMNI-TV's H.Q. (formerly Torch, Quadrangle)

They don't seem to be in any rush to finish the exterior work. As I suspected, the vast majority of the budget was allocated to creating a first class tv station inside with a small budget for the exterior.

Rogers is signing off additions to the exterior one by one and is taking their time in between those.

They don't seem to be in any rush to finish the exterior work. As I suspected, the vast majority of the budget was allocated to creating a first class tv station inside with a small budget for the exterior.

Rogers is signing off additions to the exterior one by one and is taking their time in between those.

Unfortunately that is the case for most of our buildings. We don't put nearly enough effort into exterior design.

They seem to be going slower and slower everyday. They still don't have the tickers up yet.

They should send a single worker to the old Olympic Spirit sign with a chisel for one hour to remove that cursed sign.

Or the forum as a whole could go down there and each take a hack at it. It would give us a bit of closure and catharsis. Or something.

Nov 14 visit

Oh humm
IMG_nov-14-09-0048.jpg

IMG_nov-14-09-0050.jpg

I don't see anything wrong with the signs. I mean, they look like OMNI and Rogers signs. How can they meet or exceed or even be below expectations? They look how they look.

You're right Khristopher.

If they just thought about it for, oh, maybe 10 minutes, they could come up with some kind of innovative sign that would grab attention. Piccadilly circus comes to mind. Sanyo, right?

It is certainly a wasted opportunity.

I don't see anything wrong with the signs. I mean, they look like OMNI and Rogers signs. How can they meet or exceed or even be below expectations? They look how they look.

That's exactly it! They made these signs as if they were on their Lakeshore studio, instead of the high profile area they are in. I think Dundas Square deserves a bit more thought and some new creative ideas.

They didn't do anything innovative with them. Being that this is a great place to show off the brand.

Whether it's dynamic or a bore, they're still putting the brand out there. In fact, in terms of risk-reward, they're probably better off sticking to their traditional logo.

Think of it this way - are people going to be like "oh my god, I'm totally going to start watching more OMNI because their logo in Dundas Square is so dynamic!"?

Back