News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.7K     3 

City-TV & OMNI-TV's H.Q. (formerly Torch, Quadrangle)

They still haven't taken down the Olympic Spirit Logo?! I don't care how much work they've done on the interior...the exterior simply shouldn't be this far behind.

Talk about being critical. The end product should be all that matters.

Are there plans to have that circular video board (which never was used on Torch) working at some point? I never understood why Torch put it up, if it wasn't used.

Are there plans to have that circular video board (which never was used on Torch) working at some point? I never understood why Torch put it up, if it wasn't used.

MetroMan touched on that back on the 4th

^ Your calls are in vain. My neighbour who was directly involved in the logistics of planning the move knew only what was directly related to her job. Once her team green lit the studios her job was done and it was up to Citytv (or Rogers) as to when to start using the studios.

You'd have to find the people directly involved in the exterior renovation to get any info.

All I've been able to find out about the exterior was through a second hand source. It was that major work is still left to be complete, mostly on the tower's base which would be adorned in red trim. There's also an LED ticker coming across the top/front and around the tower.

As for the HVAC units being covered, common sense says: of course. They wouldn't put so much work into making the building look good and then leave the HVAC units exposed. At the very least, a corrugated aluminium cover will go up. They just started work on the exterior of the patio level so that should involve covering up the HVAC's.

It looks like it'll be a while longer after they move in before the building is complete.

^ to add to that: the ticker that was put up and never used will be taken down. It will be replaced by a slightly slimmer ticker to match the continuity of the ticker being installed above the picture window on the Victoria façade.

The hording is down and you can now walk-up and look in freely. Something was taking place there on the ground level as a larger crowd of females were coming with bags of goodies.

Sept 11

IMG_sept-11-09-0001.jpg

IMG_sept-11-09-0002.jpg

A little bit of bad news: just when we thought they'd ramp up construction of the exterior because they had freed up resources from completing the Citytv studios, it looks like the priority isn't the tower's exterior work. They've moved their resources into finishing the OMNI studios now.

This may take a while.

That's some absurd logic. Anywho, do we not believe in product testing?

That's some absurd logic. Anywho, do we not believe in product testing?

What are you talking about?

This project has been U/C for well over a year. Expecting them to be finished for their move-in date is not an unreasonable expectation.

OMG ... now were complaining that the renovation is taking too long. Please tell me you work for or own a part of the Rogers Empire.

What are you talking about?

This project has been U/C for well over a year. Expecting them to be finished for their move-in date is not an unreasonable expectation.

Citytv had another year to move out of 299 Queen West. The building could have started renovation on the exterior first, then moved on to the studios (construction and move in of which were completed in impressive time). Rogers chose to focus on completing the studios so that the move could happen much earlier.

The exterior of the building is important, but Citytv and OMNI operations are much more.

There are priorities and the exterior falls below those above. It's being worked on and will be finished. Be patient.

Back