News   Jul 05, 2024
 2.8K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.8K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 672     0 

Church-Wellesley Village

There is a small computer shop on Gerrard, just East of Bay, next to Pageo pizza. It has been open for the past appx 9 months. It seems to be mainly a repair shop, perhaps worth a visit in case you might need a help

I have been away from the Village for a while. Has Zelda's old space been leased yet? If not, I imagine no one will take it until Spring. What's happening with the old Bigliardi's space?

I have been away from the Village for a while. Has Zelda's old space been leased yet? If not, I imagine no one will take it until Spring. What's happening with the old Bigliardi's space?

Zeldas is still sitting empty with a for lease sign on it. The iinterior was painted completely white a few months back, presumably to look more attractive and larger for a propspective renter. The old horse betting space at Bigliardi's has been a Pizziola (the best chain pizza in Toronto) since late May/early June and the restaurant section has been renovated and as I understand is waiting for a liquor license to open as a dance/adult orientated club called Flash.

Elevate is gone and the Stadler's sign is back up on the windows...

As much as it pains me to see such a large, vacant space on Church I can't help but feel it's a little bit of karma for the greedy landlords that forced out Zelda's.

As for Flash, isn't there a moratorium on new dance floors in the village? I've also heard that there will be strippers but I find that hard to believe since Remington's has repeatedly said that they can't move to Church because of municipal regulations.

The old Bigliardi's space (about 2009) and the new Flash & Pizzaiolo space (Sept 29th)

Bigliardis_2009.jpg

Bigliardis_Sept2010sm.jpg

New sign in the window is that they're re-opening Statler's in late October.

Statler's has had more drama than any daytime soap. Let's hope their martinis are as good as they used to be when they come back.

Statler's has had more drama than any daytime soap. Let's hope their martinis are as good as they used to be when they come back.

Instead of offering up live music as entertainment, they should let us sit back with our drinks and watch them manage the place.

Instead of offering up live music as entertainment, they should let us sit back with our drinks and watch them manage the place.

I smell a reality TV show in the making.

Roy G Biv you are absolutely right. The concept of Statlers is something I crave in the Village and they had some great entertainers there over the years. But the drama of watching people fight for tables and space to stand as well as the struggle to get a drink made it horribly uncomfortable. I've been there a few times when the throngs were asked by management to shut the hell up and stop socializing so the music could be heard. Anyway if it's the old owners then I have little hope. I'll give it a chance though.

Back