News   Jul 12, 2024
 584     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 602     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 281     0 

Church-Wellesley Village

I remember when they said who would be doing the artwork, but I can't remember if they were just amateurs or people who have been doing art for years.

Yes, but it looks like a 10 yr old's interpretation because of its complete lack of subtelty or abstraction. At least the cowboy mural was fun.

It was fun, and it became iconic in a fairly short time. This piece can't be compared, it almost has a pastel feeling to it as opposed to the crisp and clear message of it's predecessor.

I remember when they said who would be doing the artwork, but I can't remember if they were just amateurs or people who have been doing art for years.

http://www.outtraveler.com/destinat...pares-worldpride-2014-rainbow-paintbrush-hand

People are going to be critical no matter what art they put up. We all have different taste and even a masterpiece wouldn't be enough to satisfy some people. You just have to let people vent and move on.

The colour bars on the side of the pharamacy actually really stand out for me. I like them a lot.

Just to be clear, what we have seen are only renders, work hasn't begun yet but will soon.

If you are referring to the parklets, what you see is what there is. There's a section for Smith between Monteith & Gloucester Sts., then there are four more sections between Wellesley & Alexander Sts. Hopefully these help businesses on Church St. and that there is positive feedback from residents and visitors so that they bring them back in summers to come.

I like the Parklettes. They need some fine tuning for next year. I don't like the fact that they are sometimes just a haven for smokers from the bars. (Sorry smokers)

At least they placed cigarette bins for it; that was a nice touch.

So any word on whether they're reusable for next year?

I asked Councillor Wong-Tam, the plan is to disassemble the parklets in October, store them and reuse them next year. Presumably this is contingent on the BIA being happy with how they perform and Council passing the Motion to close off that lane again for half a year.

Last edited:
I asked Councillor Wong-Tam, the plan is to disassemble the parklets in October, store them and reuse them next year. Presumably this is contingent on the BIA being happy with how they perform and Council passing the Motion to close off that lane again for half a year.

That sounds great!

Although I do wish they were bigger like Montreal's

Back