News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 961     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 362     0 

Captain John's Restaurant (1975-2012)

under maritime law, a ship can only be seized for arrears and sold if there is a court order.
Does that apply to vessels on lakes?

The term maritime is usually connected with the sea, such as commercial or military seafaring activity. If I own a vessel of any size on a lake in Ontario and don't pay my taxes, I'd say maritime law doesn't apply.

But I be no sea'lawyer, arrr...

So, according to his article he got other assets - I wonder if he would be personally liable for the costs or if he could lump it all with the closure of his business and have the state deal with the ship.

AoD

This thing needs to be burned down! It's disgusting and survived well beyond it's life! I can't believe he's counter-suing. Ugh

I don't understand how Toronto does things. Other cities would have spent some money and refurbished this boat or even replaced it. You see plenty of floating restaurants in Paris and London. We can't seem to keep one floating resto in good order, pretty pathetic.

I don't understand how Toronto does things. Other cities would have spent some money and refurbished this boat or even replaced it. You see plenty of floating restaurants in Paris and London. We can't seem to keep one floating resto in good order, pretty pathetic.
What exactly does this man's horrible private business have to do with the (City of) Toronto?

Back