News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 460     0 

Cannabis Law

Why would a dealer lace his pot with a more potent drug?

You been smoking ganja or something? This is what I asked you...you haven't bothered to, or cannot, answer.

I think his remark was referring to a motivation to generate a specific result.

Yes, people have been known to lace pot with other substances. But as there are no statistics as to how often this happens, there is no way to know of any numbers. One can only speak from experience, and from my subjective experience, I've known of only two instances of people smoking laced weed.

And yes, the Halloween candy stories are a well-established urban myth.

Yes, people have been known to lace pot with other substances. But as there are no statistics as to how often this happens, there is no way to know of any numbers. One can only speak from experience, and from my subjective experience, I've known of only two instances of people smoking laced weed.

That is yet another reason I want a more liberal framework for pot. Decent statistics. The lack of quality data on drug use is infinitely frustrating. Both sides have just exploited it to prove virtually whatever they want. The amount of absurd claims that have been backed up by the lack of data is astounding. Ranging from pot cures cancer to pot causes eternal damnation.

EDIT: Good statistics are also the reason I want a RFID card for the TTC, so much opportunity for market research.

I think his remark was referring to a motivation to generate a specific result.

In your opinion. I don't think he has a well thought out answer, thus avoided it.

Do you worry if that box of wine you bought is laced with fine champaigne?
Why would the manufacturer of a $5.00 box of wine 'lace' it with expensive wine, and take a financial loss?

In your opinion. I don't think he has a well thought out answer, thus avoided it.

Why would the manufacturer of a $5.00 box of wine 'lace' it with expensive wine, and take a financial loss?

You honestly can't think of a reason why a drug dealer would want to lace a marginally addictive drug with a more addictive component?

You honestly can't think of a reason why a drug dealer would want to lace a marginally addictive drug with a more addictive component?

Pot is not physically addictive.

You honestly think a pot dealer is gong to 'lace' weed with a more expensive drug?

Frankly, I wouldn't give most drug dealers enough credit to figure out how to do anything creative, but who knows how talented/motivated the people further up the supply chain are?
With other 'party drugs,' it is common knowledge that they are mixed with other substances; partly to make them cheaper to make and sometimes to merely produce a 'high' of any sort, regardless of whether it is the high the buyer thinks he/she is getting.
Baby laxative is a common additive to cocaine, for example, because of its ability to blend with real coke and to extend the supply without any nasty side affects.
The entire idea behind MDMA, ecstasy, crystal meth and other 'designer drugs' is that they could be tailor made and you could buy your fantasy high. Well, as with most marketing, most of that turned out to be BS as the dealers/suppliers simply got greedy.
Unchecked capitalism of any sort will always get greedy in the end.

Although, as a general rule, it's not a good idea to kill your customers. LOL

As I pointed out in my post, I have known personally of only two instances of pot being laced with something else. As to the motivation, I could only guess. I think a big part of it was irresponsibility on the part of the person who added the extra substance in the first place.

During the 1970's there was the big Paraquat scare. While not intended as an added substance, the fear of smoking a herbicide was used as a tactic in an attempt to get people to stop smoking pot.

There was someone tampering with, I believe, bottles of Stella Artois. The individual was steaming off labels, removing caps, replacing the beer with ethanol in various concentrations, resealing the bottle. This has occurred at a number of different bars--not sure if they tracked down who was doing this.

Point is, there will always be problems with product tampering, in both legitimate and illicit industries.

If you think people can tamper with beer and not marijuana, you're being a little naive.

Money and greed create incentives.... So nobody is going to lace their weed with more expensive drugs and sell it for the same price... If they do, then they've been using too much of their own product.

Decriminalizing should be the first step. Regulating and rating it would be the next very important step. An indiviual should know what exactly he is about to smoke.
When I'm in the mood for a glass of white wine, I don't want want to find out I just knocked back a triple tequila.
The same anology applies to a picking up a doobie.
Thirdly, Tax the bejeebers out of it. Now everyones happy.

Back