News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 463     0 

Cannabis Law

It's important to note that, regardless of your opinions on marijuana, one of the main reasons that a joint is more unhealthy than a cigarette is that it's homemade and unfiltered.

It's important to note that, regardless of your opinions on marijuana, one of the main reasons that a joint is more unhealthy than a cigarette is that it's homemade and unfiltered.

So, set a bunch of scientists on it and purify the impurities out of it and give the customer more bang and less harmful side effects.

And tax it. Hell, we'd probably pay off the national debt in a few years with the cutbacks in the police budget (like THAT would ever happen:rolleyes:) and the extra taxes.

Or worry about what's in it...

Everyone has heard a story about someone in their community that got seriously messed up or died from laced marijuana.

No, never heard such a ridiculous thing...only in urban legends.

I've seen many people get f&*ked up after smoking up with laced pot. And pot itself is not without its detrimental effects. It is mind altering in a way that tobacco is not. In some people, it can make them psychotic, and there is some evidence that it can trigger schizophrenia. Not to mention mood changes, apathy, etc.

I've seen many people get f&*ked up after smoking up with laced pot. And pot itself is not without its detrimental effects. It is mind altering in a way that tobacco is not. In some people, it can make them psychotic, and there is some evidence that it can trigger schizophrenia. Not to mention mood changes, apathy, etc.

it seems like the main justification for banning a substance is its potential harm on a small segment of the population. why is it they don't ban peanuts then? i think more people are likely to die from eating peanuts than smoking pot.

I've seen many people get f&*ked up after smoking up with laced pot.

Why did they lace it, and with what?
This is an old and tired myth. Why would a pot dealer lace his pot with other (more expensive) drugs?

it seems like the main justification for banning a substance is its potential harm on a small segment of the population. why is it they don't ban peanuts then? i think more people are likely to die from eating peanuts than smoking pot.

Oh, they're getting around to that. It's only a matter of time. Hairspray, deoderants, you name it. Somebody, somewhere may be allergic. This is the victim society that we live in. There is always someone else to blame. The government has never met a substance or concept that cannot be banned.

It is mind altering in a way that tobacco is not. In some people, it can make them psychotic, and there is some evidence that it can trigger schizophrenia. Not to mention mood changes, apathy, etc.

Coming to a theater near you:

reefer_madness.jpg

Oh, they're getting around to that. It's only a matter of time. Hairspray, deoderants, you name it. Somebody, somewhere may be allergic. This is the victim society that we live in. There is always someone else to blame. The government has never met a substance or concept that cannot be banned.

Apparently they have developed a peanut that is hypoallergenic... removed the gene for some protein or somesuch. Science marches onward...

Why did they lace it, and with what?
This is an old and tired myth. Why would a pot dealer lace his pot with other (more expensive) drugs?

So you're claiming that no one has ever laced a joint with another drug? It's never happened?

Think about it. Why would a dealer lace his pot with a more potent drug?

Oh, and it doesn't have to be other drugs. It can be all kinds of fun stuff, just like the people who tamper with Halloween candy.

one of the main reasons not to consume illegal drugs - no regulations.

I am convinced that if we left the financial industry as unregulated as the drug industry, Bay Street traders would be having shootouts and turf wars all the time.

Oh, and it doesn't have to be other drugs. It can be all kinds of fun stuff, just like the people who tamper with Halloween candy.

Tampering with halloween candy is another myth. Thanks for backing me up.

one of the main reasons not to consume illegal drugs - no regulations.

There is a far cry from buying drugs from a character on the street, versus dealing with someone you know.
Any of the drug dealers I have known over the years sample their own products and they rely on repeat business. If they get a bad batch, they will exchange it.
Satisfaction guaranteed! :D

Every time somoene 'dies' from an OD, the anti-crime industry rallyes the usual media organs into a frenzy. Yawn.

Reefer Madness is alive and well. BTW, that is funny as hell movie.

Back