News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 463     0 

Cannabis Law

Whoaccio

Member Bio
Reaction score
Cannabis, to legalize or not to legalize? I don't see how the status quo protects citizens. If anything, prohibition promotes organized crime and unsafe channels of production.

Discuss:

Decriminalize.

Not that I think it will stop organized crime or the abuse of the substance, but lets face it, pot is relatively benign when compared to other substances out there.

I am for decriminalizing and taxing the crap out of it.

The confusion about the difference between legalization and decriminalization is a little disconcerting. A lot of people out there seem to think that decriminalization means that something is made legal.

Also, there seems to be a heck of a lot of people out there who believe that pot has already been decriminalized in Canada. I've had to point out to about 4 friends that this isn't true... some smokers, some not.

I don't think you can simultaneously decriminalise (doesn't mean legalise) and tax cannabis.

I support full legalization and heavy taxation. Need to cut off that revenue stream to organized crime.

Also, there seems to be a heck of a lot of people out there who believe that pot has already been decriminalized in Canada. I've had to point out to about 4 friends that this isn't true... some smokers, some not.

I know a few people who got caught smoking pot and the got arrested and released the same day.

I said your lucky your not in Texas, you likely be in for 20 years.

I seem to be a magnet to those idiots who smoke weed at concerts. They alwaysstand right next to me. I hate it. It makes me feel nauseated and ruins the event almost.

Definitely would not like to see it legalized. Then again, I'd like to see cigarettes disappear.

simple you decriminalize it and then start banning it like smoking!!! :D:D:D:D

Decriminalize. I suppose it's like alcohol; a little bit makes you feel cool; a lot causes you to crash the car.

simple you decriminalize it and then start banning it like smoking!!! :D:D:D:D

LOL

There is a paradox there, no?

How can we 'legalize' pot while cigarettes themselves are on the verge of being banned? I suppose if you smoked a 20 joints a day your lungs would give out too, no? Although you'd probably die happy at least!

Will the government never learn? Cigarette smuggling has shot through the roof since cigarettes were taxed to death again.

I'm all for legalizing pot (and I'd like to see other substances legalized, too) but not sure if it will help. If the government taxes it too much, the criminals will still be in business. I guess the biggest advantages would be in the quality of production. A lot of over-doses and problems with 'illegal' drugs are the substances they are mixed with or the poor quality of them.

The law enforcement industry will never allow this. Too many billions are spent on 'fighting' the war on drugs. Just think of the lay-offs!

The confusion about the difference between legalization and decriminalization is a little disconcerting. A lot of people out there seem to think that decriminalization means that something is made legal.

Just to be clear, I am for legalizing it. Decriminalizing sort of seems like the worst of both worlds. Given that it is almost de facto decriminalized (I don't think any cop would charge you with anything under 5g), I don't see what decriminalization would accomplish.

Back