News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 465     0 

Britannia Farm & Development Parcels (Peel School Board, various)

Its the city of Mississauga we are talking about here. They chopped down an entire forest just to build the northern Mavis extension despite all the local opposition. We were promised parks, trails and a school on that land when we bought here... a few years later there were notices saying the forest would have to be removed in order to build a Mavis extension. They started by just removing the area where the road would cut through, and later on removed everything. They even drained a pond that had fish and turtles (and wasn't in the way of the Mavis extension)

And all just to "preserve" Meadowvale Village. They rerouted Derry through a consrvation area for the same reason. They should have just bulldoze the village.

Yeah we had to wait for the moratorium on new gas stations to finish before the Shell and Petro Canada at Creditview & Britannia were built. And remember Heartland when Business Depot, Winners and Future Shop were all in the same section? They've all since moved out into bigger digs within Heartland (Winners has moved a second time too!)

And all just to "preserve" Meadowvale Village. They rerouted Derry through a consrvation area for the same reason. They should have just bulldoze the village.

It's an historical area. You can't bulldoze it. I really disliked the rerouting of Derry though. My aunt's closest intersection is Old Derry and Old Creditview, which sounds rather inane.

I have mixed feelings about this news. Part of me would love to see office buildings along the Hurontario frontage, but part of me wishes they could keep the whole site intact as is.

Not me. I think having that open land fronting on Hurontario doesn't fit in with the area. Keep the farm, but hide it from the street.

And I have to laugh when I hear the area described as the "heart of the city". The area is not even a fully developed suburban area yet, as there is still plenty of vacant land nearby.

It's an historical area. You can't bulldoze it. I really disliked the rerouting of Derry though. My aunt's closest intersection is Old Derry and Old Creditview, which sounds rather inane.

Just because it's historical doesn't mean it should be preserved. Meadowvale Village is no Streetsville or Port Credit. I prefer to preserve wildlife rather than a few old houses. I think the city really screwed up big time with Mavis and Derry.

Just because it's historical doesn't mean it should be preserved. Meadowvale Village is no Streetsville or Port Credit. I prefer to preserve wildlife rather than a few old houses. I think the city really screwed up big time with Mavis and Derry.

I completely disagree. Meadowvale village doesn't have a business district like Streetsville or Port Credit, but it still has its charm. Living so close to it I used to bike through as a kid and loved the area. A few minutes away and you feel like you are out of the big city. Im thankful the city preserved it instead of demolishing, widening and building a gas station over it.

Im actually upset that the Second Line W bridge over the 401 is going to be demolished since that was the best way to get there by bike. Hopefully they either build a new bridge or at least a pedestrian bridge across.

Im actually upset that the Second Line W bridge over the 401 is going to be demolished since that was the best way to get there by bike. Hopefully they either build a new bridge or at least a pedestrian bridge across.

Th bridge is going to be demolished because it's obsolete with Mavis and the fact that Second Line is now mostly broken up.

Believe it or not, Meadowvale Village was the first Heritage Conservation District in Ontario. (So it's no Streetsville or Port Credit? Yeah, because it's a fraction of the size. Duh.)

And all but the absolute anti-human-settlement lunatic fringe of wildlife-lovers would consider you to be unbelievably ignorant and insensitive--actually, let me correct that; even the lunatic fringe would attack you from the other end for feeding suburban Cartopia by advocating destructive road widenings.

So, doady, you earn an flat F in heritage sensitivity. And you're expelled, to boot. In fact, you're to heritage sensitivity what Dimitri the Lover is to female sensitivity...

Th bridge is going to be demolished because it's obsolete with Mavis and the fact that Second Line is now mostly broken up.

Obsolete to people driving through the area, but it was useful for us who actually live in the area. (Bike & Walk wise anyways)

I completely and whole-heartedly believe that the Second Line bridge should be replaced, not demolished. It was a great way to get to Meadowvale Village. It's a shame the havoc that highways have wreaked on Mississauga.

I completely and whole-heartedly believe that the Second Line bridge should be replaced, not demolished. It was a great way to get to Meadowvale Village. It's a shame the havoc that highways have wreaked on Mississauga.

Wanna go lay down on the bridge with me when they come to demolish it? It can be like tree hugging, but with a bridge instead!

Believe it or not, Meadowvale Village was the first Heritage Conservation District in Ontario. (So it's no Streetsville or Port Credit? Yeah, because it's a fraction of the size. Duh.)

And all but the absolute anti-human-settlement lunatic fringe of wildlife-lovers would consider you to be unbelievably ignorant and insensitive--actually, let me correct that; even the lunatic fringe would attack you from the other end for feeding suburban Cartopia by advocating destructive road widenings.

So, doady, you earn an flat F in heritage sensitivity. And you're expelled, to boot. In fact, you're to heritage sensitivity what Dimitri the Lover is to female sensitivity...

When did I ever advocate road-widening?

Back